#crazyride

I sat there dumbfounded, observing the person before me. A woman in her thirties with her dark hair styled perfectly. She had an embroidered gown on which screamed glamour, a gold tiara, diamond jewellery and a diamond studded clutch rested on the seat beside her. She appeared to be quite wealthy.

"Can't you hear me? I said get out!" She shouted.

I was intimidated by her but didn't let it show. "Please I need to get to the sunset plaza by 7. My whole life depends on it!"

She rolled her fully made up eyes at me. A police siren blasted from somewhere around the corner, filling the silence of the night.

"Oh, shoot!" She cursed before reviving the engine. Before I knew it, we were speeding through the night with the cops right at our tail.

What on earth was happening?

"Hang on tight." She ordered. She was taking sharp turns, making both of us jump on our seats in process.

"I- what's going on?" I asked terrified. Adrenaline pumped through my veins while my heart beat increased.

"What does it look like?"

"Are they chasing you?"

"Yes, dummy."

"Wha- why?"

"I can't share my secrets to a complete stranger, can I?

She was on the verge of killing a complete stranger. Wouldn't that be wrong?

"I didn't tell you to get in the car." She said.

Did I say it out loud? How embarrassing.

"Well, at least you should have used a black coloured, sleek sports car for your dirty work."

"Oh... it's so silly of to think that's how we operate." She chuckled. "You are one of those girls who believe in everything you see."

"Well, what's wrong in that?"

She had managed to lose our follower. There wasn't any sign of them.

"One should never believe everything they see." She shared her words of wisdom.

To my surprise, she took out a red lipstick from her purse and casually reapplied it on her lips, as if there weren't people out to get her whilst managing to drive perfectly.

She caught me looking at her. "Want some?"

Was she crazy? We were about to get killed, or at least I was. I couldn't trust her... she might be a killer on lose. Maybe that's why the cops were after her.

I had to get out. The only way I could was to jump out of a running car or use my way with words to get myself out of this situation. I was good at neither.

There was no way I'd survive jumping out of the car, so I tried to flatter her and hopefully trick her into letting me go.

"You are quite admirable. The way you carry yourself. The way you do your job. It's just amazing! Can I add that you're beautiful? Stunning even." I blabbered.

"Oh, darling... even though everything you've said is 100% accurate, I'd love to hear what you want from me. Don't hide around the bushes and just ask."

"Are you going to let me go?"

She stopped the car, pulled out a gun from the glove compartment. She gave me a sinister smile and aimed it right at me.