c.6

It's now spot on midnight. Adrian and I figured that we should get ourselves a meal and see if we can try and conjure up something for little James in the process.

      Adrian sits at the kitchen island, seated upon one of the many leather stools surrounding the block of wood with a marble counter-top. He plays idly with James, who sits in front of him on top of the counter, making strange fish noises and giggling.

      The woman from earlier, with the dark haired ponytail, shows me around the kitchen, introducing me to the various instruments and ingredients. Just by looking at this section of the first floor, I can tell that Adrian is swimming in bucks. He probably has an underground vault dedicated to himself.

      The kitchen area of the house isn't separated by walls; to the right side sits a dining table large enough to seat sixteen people around it. Its mahogany chairs look like velvet thrones; a very comfortable dinner indeed. To the left, the rest of the living area comes into view. If you continue straight down the middle of the room, you reach a patio that opens up to the garden. Right now, it is hard to see what it looks like,thanks to the ominous rain and pitch black sky.

      The woman, Portia, pulls open the door of a steel fridge that comfortably holds an amazing variety of many different food groups. She shows that the vegetables are stored in the large box that slides out with the press of a button and the fruits have its own container somewhere on the third or fourth rack of the fridge. 

      I am taken aback by the amount of racks this fridge has, along with the amount of food that is packed in all of them. How much does this man eat?

      "The leftovers I made for dinner are in the oven, Elizabeth, if you'd like to heat that up and eat." Portia adds kindly.

      I grin awkwardly at her. "It's fine, Portia, I think I can manage to cook something up." 

      Portia nods and sinks away through the path that leads through the dining area, disappearing behind a door that probably leads into another wing of this house.

      "So..." Adrian catches my attention as he and James stare at me.

      "I'm going to make something."

      The idea doesn't thoroughly please Adrian.

      "Can you actually cook?" He eyes me skeptically while James chews on his knuckles.

      "Of course I can. I took a culinary course when I was sixteen and I've been a master ever since." I mention proudly, floating over to the overhead steel cupboards. It turns out I have to push it for it to drift open at a smooth pace. I reach on my tip toes to get the pan and settle it on top of the stove. With a gentle nudge, the cupboard door closes in on itself.

      "Lucy couldn't cook for shit,"Adrian grumbles under his breath. I doubt he wanted me to hear that. 

      "Wait," I turn around and cock my head to the side as I stare at James, who has developed a sudden interest for Adrian's hair. Adrian eyes my hesitance.

      "I know what to make James," A great grin appears on my face as I sprint over to the other side of the kitchen where the electrical appliances are.

      "What do you have in mind?" Adrian mumbles as he rests his chin on his fore arm that is laying across the marble.One arm wraps around James who deftly pulls and tugs on his loose waves.

      "Hold on," I raise my eyebrow at the assortment of different sizes of food blenders. Choosing the medium sized one, I carry it over to the counter hitched up against the wall and plug it into a socket. A red light blinks softly, telling me it's ready to run.