Chapter 3

"Are you stupid or what?" Meng Zoey said as she massaged her temples in frustration. "I'm smart," Xiao Zhan answered as he rolled his eyes. His friend takes a seat at the side and sat down in front of the wedding planner. "Then shouldn't you be smart enough to make that person leave?"

"Zoey, there were customers present, I just can't straight up and tell him to leave the store at once," he defended himself as he taps his fingers on his desk. "Well at least you could've called me? Zhan, that was your ex who left you without saying anything. Can you really do this?"

"I think I can," he paused slightly and pouts his lips. "Besides, he said that he's rich so let's make use of his money," Xiao Zhan laughed as he felt proud of his own joke and it was Meng Zoey's turn to roll her eyes. She crossed her arms and gave the wedding planner an annoyed look. "If the bride finds out you're wasting her fiancèe's money, I'm not gonna save your ass."

"This is business, Zoey. Pshhh, Yibo wants something grand for his wedding, well, I'll give him grand then!" He said mockingly but with a hint of bitterness in his tone. Meng Zoey sighed and stood up from her seat. She gave Xiao Zhan's shoulder a pat and said, "Don't push yourself too much. If you can't take it anymore, just stop. You've made it this far. Don't let that man ruin what you've built."

Xiao Zhan's eyes soften at his best friend's words and smiled at her. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks."

"You're always welcome. Well, I'm almost done with the ribbons, A-Bin and I will close the shop, you go ahead."

"Are you sure? I can help you guys."

"Nope, shouldn't you be calling that delivery guy with the lilies again?" She smirked and the wedding planner gasped. His eyes widen in surprise as he puts a hand over his mouth. "Right! I totally forgot about it! Thanks!" Xiao Zhan panicked as he scavenged for his to-do-list. Meng Zoey just hums a reply and left.

Xiao Zhan quickly fixes his desk and arranged his shoulder bag. When everything was ready to go, hee was about to leave when he saw the small sticky note on his desk.

Wang Yibo
0X-XXX-XXX-XXX

I totally forgot about the contact number. Xiao Zhan thought as he stared at the paper. He was having doubts if he should save his number or not. After all, it is his ex-boyfriend. This is only business, Xiao Zhan.

In the end he takes the note and folds it neatly inside the pocket of his bag.

The wedding planner thought that this is the last thing he'll do something for Wang Yibo and maybe, just maybe, he'll finally understand of what it means to let go.

• • •

"Mr. Xiao this is really beautiful. It was really a great choice of choosing you as my wedding planner," Ms. Xin said, the person who hired Xiao Zhan as her wedding planner for her wedding that was about to be celebrated tomorrow. The said man smiled and replied, "I'm very glad you like it, Ms. Xin."

"I love it so much and my fiancèe will love it, too. For the remaining fees, I'll send it over your business account, yes?"

"Of course, ma'am. But you could also pay in our office, Ms. Zoey will assist you from there," he explained and the lady clasped her hands in delight. "Alright, I'll just give you a call and don't forget that you're also invited! This wouldn't be successful without you."

"Thank you, ma'am. I'll try my best to facilitate as well."

"Well, I need to go. I'm just here to check how the progress is doing," Ms. Xin waved her hand as she bids the wedding planner her farewell. Xiao Zhan returns it with a simple bow and smiled at her. After miss Xin left the venue, the wedding planner sighed in worry since the lilies were still short since the delivery guy was short with the flowers. Xiao Zhan guessed he'll cancel the latest order and buy them from another store.