The Grumpy Morning

CHAPTER 4
Sarah's POV.

Best friends fight but they never judge your choices.

∞∞

Hell no! Why am I thinking about Zackie continuously? He is randomly coming to my mind and that's annoying. Sulking I get ready in dark blue skinny jeans and a cute pink top.
I hear the honking right outside my gate looks like his car is back from servicing.

I run outside my home after saying my goodbyes to my mom and dad.

"Hold up duckface, will you? I'm coming." I shout as I close the door behind me while he made a face and waved his middle finger. This guy really forgets how to talk to girls. I skip over fast and sit in his car instantly his cologne entered my nostrils.

"Good morning Zackie!" I say him in a chirpy voice.

"Good morning cherry!" He said in a happy tone. Looks like we got something to talk about because Zack is never happy at this hour of the day.

"So....?" I give me a questioning look urging him to talk further about yesterday.

"So?" Are guys always this confused????

"So? Rose? How was your date/night?" I asked him hoping that they didn't spend the night together. Wait? Why do I have this double thoughts time and again?

"Damn cherry we just hung out. Can you not make it a big deal?" He was all shades of red. Wow, I have never seen Zack like this.

"Someone has a crush! Someone has a crush!" I sang for a minute to piss him out. It was really fun but something tugs me at my heart. That heavy feeling just came up automatically.

The car stopped in the parking lot making me shift in my seat. "Yes and now fuck off and don't you dare say it in front of anyone." He was absolutely harsh and also angry by now. Seems like he turned into a girl. I nodded and went straight to the locker not waiting for Zack to catch up with me. He was rude. Why would I tell it to anyone though? I meet Katelyn in the hallways. The brunette has a super sexy tan which made it clear that her summer was fantastic.

"Hey. You look good!" She hugs me like we haven't seen each other for months. Oh well, that's not true we haven't seen each other for just 2 weeks.

"And you look hot as always." She winked at me and we laugh it off while walking towards the lockers and meeting Rose, Ellie, Abbott and Nate. I hug the girls and high five the guys. I had history and thankfully I didn't share this class with anyone. The world's most boring subject. I secure the last seat in the corner of the class besides the window. I keep thinking about yesterday. The way he hugged and how high my heartbeats were. The hug was just unexpected at that moment. Yesterday the Zack I was with was someone different to be with maybe that's because I never saw him more than a best friend. I sigh at this internal turmoil and try to understand the subject which is even more depressing than my dilemma.

The break came by and went even more quickly. We talked about how exotic Katelyn's 2 weeks of summer were in Miami. Well her vacation made me jealous because duhhh it was MIAMI. The usual chatter was there but the exchange I noticed between Zack and Rose was something else. Remember the feeling you get when you're about to go down in a rollercoaster? Yeah, the stomach drop feeling. Yes exactly, my stomach flipped and churned at the thought of them being romantically involved. Even then these feelings were always in the back of my mind I couldn't let an unnamed feeling destroy the friendship I had with 2 people at a time. I let it slide out by the end of our lectures and hoping I wouldn't encounter anything like this again I turned around in the direction of the washroom but instead I met with a cute puppy dog face of my best friend.

"What?" I huff in annoyance because I knew what he was about to ask and I was not ready.

"How do you know I want something?" He asked innocently as if I didn't know him already.

"What is it?" I ask again not wanting to talk because of the morning drama.

"Help me with Rose ?" He asked a little shy to look at me.

"I am gonna make a big deal of it!" I flip my hair and walk right into the washroom.

"C'mon cherry I didn't even mean it." Zack called from outside the washroom.

"Fine whatever. What do you want?" I emerge outside the washroom once again with a bored face.

"Just come with me while I express my feelings for Rose!" I literally dreaded the favour he asked. I didn't want to do that it would be so awkward standing while they tell each other their feelings. Like why would anyone in their normal mind agree to third wheel the couple?

"Are you crazy? Am I supposed to be the third wheel when you kiss?" I asked him annoyed.

"Please?" Gosh, his baby face will make me commit sins too.

"Fine! I'll see you after school!" I get back to the class occasionally drifting my mind to yesterday's hug. No matter what yesterday's hug just kept coming back to me time and again there was this different vibe from his hug or probably my mind took a different route altogether.

By the end of the school when it was finally time to go back home but Zack had to do some stunt, I guess he didn't mean that I have to be alone when he asked me to be there because we were all standing together- I, Zack, Rose, Ellie, Abbott, Katelyn and Nate in a circle outside the school gate literally passing time as we had the weekend off so we were deciding if we should go the party one of the school kid was throwing tomorrow or move it with a movie at Zack's home.

"How about we crash the party first and if it gets boring we shall do the movie thing?' Nate suggested. I weighed upon the idea it didn't seem so bad if we did that I mean we can always do the movie on another weekend.

"Hey, Rose. what are you doing today?" Zack asked flushed in the dark crimson shade. Nate fake coughed on his question and we all giggled. It was kind of funny how Nate could actually keep his humour intact at all times especially when it came to Zack.

"Crushing much!" Nate spoke between his fake coughs and all of them had this weirdly amusing face at how Zack was quiet all the comments being thrown at him. I think the crush is too huge but Zack did give Nate a glare to fuck off and all Nate did was gesture a surrender action.

"So.. I Like you, Rose!" Abbott and Ellie whistled quite enthusiastically and I gave Zack a full-blown smile with a thumbs up when he looked over for the approval. I was happy because he was happy. Maybe it was a good idea to be present and witness this after all I had to stop the turmoil inside me.

"I will think about it, Zack!" There came a meek voice. I think it was too bold of Zack. Maybe she wanted to think over it. After a minute of silence, everyone parted ways and I tagged along with Zack till my home.

 Thank you, people.
Vote. share. Comment.