The Lonely Swan

The Lonely Swan floats amidst the centre of a rippling, reflected sky.

The sky shimmers in the sunlight and creates beautiful waves behind him. All things part way for him as he glides. Passing by the reeds and flowers with fluidity and with peace.

He grooms himself in the heaven on the water. Streching his wings skyward with grace and serenity. Two horizons meet in the middle with the green grass of home.

Close your eyes and listen, can you hear the Mechanical Man? The cars and the bustle and the noises. He plays such a chaotic and bombastic tune.

But you must appease him. All of us do I'm afraid. Not today however.

Drown out the Mechanical Man. Drown him in the lake if you must. He won't stay down for long, but a moment is all you need. Now if you would close your eyes and listen.

Can you hear the birds singing? They chose such a sweet melody. Just for you my friend. The choir chirping the music of an easy life.

You hear the lake calling you? Swishing and splashing in time with the cooling breeze. Mother Nature humbly invites you into her home.

Won't you stay a little while?

But alas a while goes by so fast and it is time for you to go. The Mechanical Man requires an audience for the endless show

Before you go I ask one thing of you friend. Just one small thing.

Please visit the Lonely Swan again.

He ever so enjoys your company.