Chapter Five

Day 3

In the morning, Jennie shifts to another side of the bed, surprised that she doesn't feel Lisa beside her.

Weirdly, she feels uneasy but shrugging it off, thinking that maybe, the blonde has prepared and gone to the doctor as she told her last night.

---

"Lisa, tell her before it's too late." Jisoo literally yells at her on the phone.

"No, I can't," Lisa mumbles back.

Jisoo and Chaeng are also their best friends of hers in college. It's just that Jennie and Lisa have known each other first. They are emphatic and super supportive of one another throughout their entire childhood before Chaeng and Jisoo entered their life. Anyways, they are both good friends.

Jisoo must be lying if she said that she doesn't know Lisa's feelings towards Jennie.

Among all of them, Jisoo is the oldest and also the most intelligent one in observing people. Not that, it is her best skill. It's just Lisa who has been showing her too much affection that she couldn't ignore it. Even Chaeng knows about it.

"You are becoming a certified liar, you know that, right? Chaeng always insists I tell Jennie about that, but I respect your secret. I don't want to meddle in your relationship. She is getting married, and if that day you couldn't come, she will be confused and hurt, thinking that you hate her for that, and you are not supporting her after all." She finished with a sigh when Lisa doesn't respond.

"Lisa, we love both of you. We don't want any of you to get hurt." Jisoo murmurs along with a deep sigh.

"Okay, Unnie. I...will find the right time to tell her. I don't have much time with her. Just four more days, and I haven't shown her everything yet. Anyways, I will tell her in the end. And, if it is too late, you will be the one to do that for me." Lisa chuckles lightly, trying to light up the mood, but Jisoo doesn't speak anything.

"Okay, bye." Lisa is about to hang up when Jisoo cuts her off.

"Lisa, promise me that you will do it, like really do it when you find the time, okay?" Jisoo sighs.

"Okay, ChiChu. I love you. Tell, Rosé, I also miss her." She puts her phone back in her pocket before taking walks along the coast back to her house.

Actually, the place was bought by her parents for her before they left her to another place. Heaven. She hopes.

She doubts people say good people will go to heaven when they die. How can they be so sure when good people live through hell alive.

They died when she was young, and Lisa had to live with an old woman that her parents kept her with.

She considers her as her own grandmother.

The old woman has been so in loved and soft with her until she died last year. Everyone leaves her, and now Jennie is about to do so.

She came out of the house at five o'clock this morning, running, walking on the beach because she has insomnia.

She couldn't sleep, so maybe running might help her and prolong her life for a while.

She doesn't dread leaving this world. The only thing that makes her terrifying is leaving someone behind, and that someone won't be back in piece again when she goes, she knows.

The liberty few people perceive as prisons is being normal. Like not doing wild things makes them feel useless. They drink. They smoke and many things that could actually damage them both physically and mentally.

They never think that one day when they leave, the people who adore them will be the ones who suffer the most.

It's exactly how Lisa has been feeling since her parents passed away. They died because of her dad's addiction to alcohol.

They were in a car accident when her dad was drunk and her mom was his only passenger, going back from admitting that they had no right in meddling their company anymore.

Not that she could blame them. After all, they also suffered a lot because of their business.

When Lisa was young, her family was well off. She could get anything she wanted. The sky. The stars. Name it, and she would have it in a blink of an eye.

As a kid, Lisa was not that rebellious. She respects her parents, their hardworking, hoping that one day she could make a family and live happily like her parents. That was why they took this place as a gift for her to build her own family.

Guess what?

She can't.

Sooner or later. She and Jennie will be separated from their paths, living in their own way.

Not that she doesn't dare to tell Jennie her feeling, but fate decided to destroy her. She desired to confess to her best friend since graduation day.

But, whether Jennie returns her love or not, they can't be together at the end.

Tears drop from her cheeks, but she wipes it before it lands on the sand.

After a few moments, she goes back to her house, starting to the kitchen, preparing breakfast for Jennie.

She is concentrating on her cooking until a pair of tiny hands tighten around her waist. A nose inhales her scent.

"Lisa, you already went to a doctor, right? Why so early?" Jennie mumbles.

The latter closes her eyes tightly. She doesn't want to lie, also not desiring to tell the truth. She knows it will ruin their precious remaining times together.

She turns back to face the brunette, "Y-yeah."

"Is there any hospital here?" She asks, curving her brow up in confusion.

"Of course,"

She is taken aback when Jennie wraps her arms around her torso again, snuggling on her chest. "Lisa, promise me. Always be my best friend. My soulmate like you always does."

Lisa pats her head slightly, smiling bitterly before answering. "Jennie, I will always be on your side no matter where I am. Remember that."