Saving Us

Tommy Shelby stood in his office, his fists flexing as the skin began to heal across his knuckles. The thoughts running through his head was only of her. The way she lay in his bed, in his shirt with her stitches.

Amelia hadn't opened her eyes for him in two days. Even when they had dragged the doctor out of the clinic to look at her all he said was "All you can do is wait"

But he didn't want to wait any longer. On the edge of desperation he thought about seeing the head of the Lee's and asking for a reading. This was his fault, his arrogance that had left him so open and he was desperate. Desperate for her to fight him, tell him he's a bastard, smack him across the face...anything.

"Tom?" A soft voice came from behind. It was Ada and she was worried about him. Tommy hadn't eaten or slept in three days.

"Ada I'm busy" he lied as he continued to stare off into space.

"Tommy come home. Polly has put dinner on for us all and we can talk about-

"I'm not hungry" and he sat at his desk and picked up a cigarette. Lighting it to give his hands something to do. They felt useless.

Ada sighed softly and walked over carefully towards her brother "This isn't your fault Tommy. It just isn't okay?"

Tommy slammed his hand down on the table making Ada jump "I should of told her not to leave the city and I didn't" he took a deep drag of his cigarette and exhaled, his jaw flexing. "I thought I had been discreet"

"She wouldn't of listened to you and you know it" Ada piped up "she'll be okay Tommy, she will but you have to be there for it!" And Ada left him in his office to stew in his anger.

Polly would probably try next.
—-
It was early hours of the morning when he returned to his little room to check on her. As he slipped into the darkness he let his eyes settle before he looked over to the bed.

Amelia lay on his pillow, her hair loose and free across his pillows. Even though her body was fighting she still looked beautiful to him, so delicate.

Taking a seat in the chair in the corner he watched her breathing, with every breath he felt a small bit of relief. Every night he had snook into his room to watch her in hopes that she would wake up and he would continue doing so until he saw her big green eyes watching him.

—-
It was a headache and then the feeling of dizziness that first alerted Amelia that she was waking up to the darkness. As her eyes flickered open she realised her mouth was dry and her body in pain.

Registering her legs she winced but decided quickly to focus on that later. Amelia slowly began to sit herself up to get a better look of the room, desperately ignoring the searing pain in her thighs she knew this wasn't her room. As soon as she could sit up and her eyes had settled she realised she wasn't wearing her clothes. Amelia was wearing a white shirt, a large white shirt and just her underwear.

Then it all hit her, the kidnapping, her cries for help, the knife to her skin, her screams echoing in her ears and then Tommy's face above her. Bright blue eyes pleading with her to stay with him, her blood on his hands.

A small gasp came out of her mouth and suddenly something moved in the room. Amelia scrambled up the bed and whimpered. Maybe she hadn't got away after all.

"Hey it's okay! Amelia it's me. It's Tommy" and she felt his hand grab at hers and pull her closer.

Amelia looked up and saw him sat in-front or her and a whimper slipped from her lips. Squeezing his hand she relished the feeling of his skin on hers, she used it to centre herself. Tommy was warm and safe she told herself.