5

I decided to come out to get my hair done today . Initially,  i never intended to take Nayla with her.  I'm  really trying to stay cautious with keeping her away  so i asked Debby  to take Nabila away  with her. 

After I  was done with with my hair, i waited on my sister outside because we planned that she would come pick me up when she's  was done.

I was on her phone talking to Debby  when a Black suv parked in front of me . i played no mind until the person came out.  My breathing hitched when I saw Saddam  come out of the car

I started praying that Debby  shouldn't come just yet   because i know Nayla is with her. 

"Heyyy" Saddam said coming towards me. We hugged briefly. I forced  a smile looking around

"You left the other day  without  saying bye . Like you just opt and left just like that "

"I'm so sorry.  Family emergency " I  replied so uncomfortably. I  wouldn't want him here when  my sister arrives.

"Why are you out here all alone"

"I came to get my hair done and I'm waiting on my sister. She's picking me up. She'll be here shortly.  Why are you still in Lagos "  I was forced to asked.  I thought he left already

"I have some businesses to tend to .  The other day, we didn't talk  much. I didn't  even get your number "

"Oh "was what  i said.  i can't give him my number. We would surely   reconnect and he'll  find out. He really need to leave.

"Excuse me"

He returned to his car to get his phone.  Just then i saw my sister and my daughter  coming towards her.   my eyes almost popped out. My  greatest fear is about to happen  right now. 

"Mama!" Nayla called running towards her.  Saddam turned and I saw how he froze on that spot when he saw her.  Nayla finally got to me  and hugged my legs. 

He stared at Nayla for a while . He glanced at me and i averted  my gaze immediate. He looked between both Nayla and me .  He blinked repeatedly

" hey sis. I told you they're  really fast and they are good in this salon.  Don't you like..."  Debby was saying as she approached us but she too froze on the same spot when she saw what was  going on. She looked between  Nayla and the  man that  stood in front of us . She was shocked also

"Sis... is... is he Nayla's ..."  she was saying.

"Shut up and let's go" I  picked up Nayla   " I have to go " I  said walking away  with my baby on my  arms. 

We got into the car and I yelled in frustration.   Everything is out in the open.  Finally.  I expected that he should've  left by now.  Why the hell is  he still in Lagos.. 

I know Saddam  and I know  he's not going to let this slide.  He's going to come for me.  How could I be so stupid.   I really need to get prepared  for the worse. 

Things have finally gone sideways.

*****

"Come in!" I said to whoever was knocking on my  door.  The door opened and Debby came in.

"You have a visitor sis"

"Visitor?, who"

"The man we saw the day before yesterday. Nayla's dad" i cut my eyes at her.

"You had better shut up with that rubbish.  Tell whoever it is that I'm not around "

"Actually,  he's  in the sitting room  waiting for you.  " I  glared at her for a while .  i sigh, i know he was here to confront me.  I expected it .  I  got out of the  bed and followed Debby.