Chapter 2

Leia and Luke head back to the landing platform. Neither one has spoken since lunch. Luke knows that Leia is hiding something up her sleeve, but recognizes that this isn't the place to ask her. There are too many ears listening and too many eyes watching. They need to be somewhere private. They can't risk anyone finding out their plan.

They slowly change back into their clothes, waiting until everyone has left the room. Once they think that they're alone, they huddle close to each other. "Mom never has her handmaidens dress her unless it's important." Luke immediately says.

"I know. So we are going to find out what this meeting is about." Leia says, narrowing her eyes. Luke is almost startled by the determination in her brown eyes. There have been very few times he's seen Leia like this.

He already knows that she wants to listen in and doesn't think that it's a good idea. Their sneaking around has never lead to anything good. Someone will find out and they always tattle on them to their mother. She's never been harsh to them, but Luke hates getting punished. Leia, well, she takes it so well that she basically turns on her heels and finds a new way to get them in trouble. She's got some fire inside of her that Luke wishes he had. Even when they were young, he was the only one to cry when scolded. Though he doesn't cry anymore, he still feels that familiar pressure in his chest when their mother yells at them.

Leia notices the hesitation in Luke. His blue eyes widen as the realization of what they have to do sinks in. She knows how he feels about going behind their mother's back, but what other choice do they have? If they aren't going to be told what's going on then they'll have to find out for themselves.

She also knows that she needs Luke's help. Her plan can't work without her sidekick. "Aren't you sick of being treated like a child?" She asks as her eyes dart around the room. "You said it yourself, they're keeping secrets from us. Isn't it time that we find out what they are?"

He doesn't want to deal with the outcome, but he also hates secrets being kept from him. He wants to know just as much as Leia about who their mother is meeting. He has also learned over the years that it's best to go along with Leia when she's this way.

She is going to listen in with or without him. There's no stopping her when she's this way.

"Alright. I'm in." He agrees. Before she can explain her plan, Luke grabs her shoulder, his grip tight. "Someone's coming." He harshly whispers.

They pull away and act like they're tying their shoelaces. It's almost frightening how easily they can act casual. Years of practice are finally coming to good use.

Someone stops in front of them and clears their throat. Luke and Leia look up, gently smiling. "Hello there." Luke greets.

"Princess Leia and Prince Luke, Ben Kenobi is requesting your presence immediately." He declares. Luke and Leia eye each other, clearly having the same thought. This guy is new to the base. It's uncommon for them to be called by their proper titles.

"Where is he?" Leia sighs as she rises to her feet. She stretches out her back, a few pops echoing in the room. She needs to stay casual. This guy just seems like a goody-two-shoes. He would snitch on them the first chance he got.

"He is in the training room."

"Alright. Thanks. We'll head over there." Luke says, dismissing the stranger. Once he leaves, Luke takes a deep breath. He lowers his voice, following Leia out of the room. "What is your plan now, genius?"

"This is just a minor flaw." Leia waves away with a smirk. The two of them walk down the now empty hallways. Just a few minutes ago, they were crowded with rebels rushing to the mess hall. It now feels like they're the only ones here. It's a sudden change compared to how it has been the past few weeks.