Chapter 7

They wake up from the soft morning rays entering in from the window. They all agree to go and get breakfast, famished from not eating supper the night before. To their surprise, the twins gobble almost everything in sight. They're slightly anxious about talking with their mother, but not enough to stop them from eating. After last night, they feel better about their current situation.

Luke takes a deep breath, glancing at Leia as they reach their mother's door. He's thankful that she and Obi-Wan are here with him. It is nice to know that he has a united force of support with him.

Obi-Wan knocks and their mother calls for them to enter. She turns around from her vanity, smiling at the group. "Good morning." She greets, rushing to them. She kisses each of the twins' heads then gives Obi-Wan's hand a quick squeeze. "What brings you three to my quarters this early?"

"Padmé, we need to talk," Obi-Wan says as he closes the door.

Her brown eyes dart between the three. She straightens her back and clasps her hands together. She can tell that something is wrong. It's rare for all four of them to be together, especially with such a deadly silence. Usually, the twins are full of life and energy. They are never this quiet, even when asked to be. "What's going on?" She asks.

"I'll explain. We just need to clear the room." He says, his eyes scanning around them. Padmé gives a nod, understanding what he means. She gets rid of everything that could possibly listen in or watch them. There's not a lot, just a few communication devices. She sees no loss in getting rid of them. Based on the vague information Obi-Wan has given her, she knows that whatever he has to tell her cannot be risked getting out.

Once she's gotten rid of everything that could be used against them, she looks to Obi-Wan. She can feel her heart beginning to race but tries to look calm. She must look strong for her children. She cannot scare them with her facial expressions. "Obi-Wan, what's happened? What's wrong?"

He takes a deep breath. He didn't really think through how he was going to spill the news to her. He figured he could wing it and something would come to him when he looked at her. Instead, he feels more lost for words. Feeling defeated, he slightly sags his shoulders. "There's no easy way to say this, Padmé."

"Just tell me. It's best to lay it all out anyway." She says. She gulps, feeling her throat going dry. Are her children okay? Has someone said something that might imply them being in danger? Is there something out there that threatens the rebellion or its members?

"They know, Padmé." He softly says with soft tears in his eyes. "They know about Anakin and what has become of him."

Padmé takes a deep breath, her hand going to her throat. It feels like he's choking her again, but it's only her imagination. He's not here in this room, it's impossible. He can't possibly be hurting her right now.

Except he is. He's tainted her children. And now their innocence and love of her Ani have been destroyed because they've discovered what he has become. They know what monster has taken his place.

"How?" She whispers as she swallows her emotions.

Leia steps forward. Obi-Wan did what they asked. He told her what they discovered and now it's their turn to talk. Their mother deserves to know the rest of the story from them. "I listened in yesterday during your meeting. I know it was wrong, but I couldn't help myself. I'm sorry."