Chapter 19

All throughout the half hour ride to Zach's place for the party, I felt my phone constantly buzzing in my back denim pocket. Which most probably meant people had finally see my post for Alex, and I bet all of them were either commenting on it or direct messaging me to ask if I was okay. It's only natural, after all these years of our supposed rivalry.

At Zach's place, I knew I made a mistake by coming because the music was ten times louder than any party I've been to this year, and there was definitely many more people passed out drunk in the front yard by ten o'clock this time. Inside the house it was much sweatier and louder. I was sure the house looked totally fancy and rich but right since Zach was super rich, but right now all you could see was a room full of people making out in front of everyone and others drinking and dancing like no one was around. Natalie instantly saw a few of her friends who were coming down the massive stairway and made her way unto them and got lost in the crowd, while Kyle headed towards the drinks and went missing the second he entered the house. Jeremy started pushing his way through bodies and I followed him, seeing as I didn't really know (like) anyone else here. We headed out the back door where people had scattered around in groups in Zach's gigantic backyard.

"ZACHARYYY!!!" Jeremy suddenly screamed and started running towards a group playing beer pong. Zach, who'd been just about to throw the ping pong ball, darted his head towards us. When he saw Jeremy running towards him he dramatically threw the ball behind him and ran to Jeremy to tackle him onto the ground in a hug.

"OMYGOSH JEREMY YOU ACTUALLY CAAAAAME!!"

"I DID I DIDDDD UGH AND IT'S BEEN FOREVER SINCE I SAW YOU!!"

"I KNOW BRO IT'S BEEN WAY TOO LONG UGHHGHHH!!"

Wow. I have literally never seen anyone be so dramatic about not having seen each other in a few hours. They were literally like this at lunch today..Damn...

"OH AND I CONVINCED JAKEY TO COME WITH ME!"

"JAKEEEE!!! Welcome to my humble home" He said with the biggest grin on his face while trying to stand up again.

I laughed at his enthusiasm and replied with "Thanks for inviting us."

Behind Zach I spotted Alex who was silently drinking while the rest of his friends continued with their game. He didn't seem to be in the mood for small talk, and I definitely wasn't in the mood for his moods. So instead I decided to hide away from everyone for the rest of the party.

"Jeremy I think I'm gonna go inside to look for someplace a bit quieter for a while..."

"Oh you sure you're not gonna stay down for a few drinks even?"

"Nah you know I'm not really one for these things."

"Yeah okay cools, but text me if you need anything."

"OH if you want somewhere quiet you could go up to my study." Zach chimed in. "I doubt there'd be anyone there it's just a room full of books." Definitely sounded like the place I'd rather be at right now. "If you want, it's upstairs down the corridor, last door on your right."

"Thanks a bunch Zach. Sounds perfect. See you guys in a few hours" I smiled, happy that I'd get at least one good thing out of this party, and I turned to leave.

"Jake wait up.."

I was about to slide open the back door to get back int he house, when I heard a voice from behind me, and I turned to look down at one of the most beautiful faces I've ever had the privilege of looking at. That's a pretty dramatic way to put it but that's the irony of it I guess.

"Alex... um... yeah?"

"So I saw your post?"

"Oh yeah, right. Um, yeah I just thought I should wish you like everyone else."