10. A night to remember!

~Hooriyah

~Hooriyah

Just when my eyes were about to drown into a deep, peaceful slumber, a loud knock on my door interrupted, making my eyes pop out with horror.

"Who must be there at 11 pm?" I asked myself nervously.

I quickly rubbed my eyes which were still wet with salty tears and washed my face to look fresh and recharged. I slowly opened the door to see a very happy and delighted Alizeh standing outside, prepared to go somewhere.

"Alizeh? What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to sleep right now?" I looked at the clock again.

"NO! Because we both are going outside right now!" She chirped happily.

"WHAT?? Are you mad? Right now?" I gasped her with horror.

"Yes right now! I am madly craving for ice cream right now and I have heard about a famous ice-cream parlor in Lahore and luckily, its just a few steps away from our house." She clapped her hands with joy.

"Alizeh, my dear it is 11 p.m right now, not 11 a.m!!" I stared her angrily.

"I know stupid, now quickly wear your dupatta or chadar or whatever you want, I am leaving, come on quickly!" She insisted again.

"Alizeh???" I shook her arms wildly.

"WHATTT?" She laughed.

"Are you sleep walking or something? Are you in your senses? " I asked.

" Oh Hooriyah please for God's sake come naaaaaaaaaaaa!" She begged again.

"Girls don't go outside this late, it's not a good thing to do. As for now, go and sleep, we will go tomorrow!" I excused while yawning.

"Please please please! I went to Badshahi Mosque with you, now you have to come with me!" She was so stubborn.

"No Alizeh! I can't! It can be dangerous, don't do this!" I responded in an annoyed manner.

"Tumhey Shahveer Bhayi ki kasam!!PLEEEEEAASEEEE!" (Shahveer's swear to you!)

Oh my God. Was she an idiot?

There was not a single excuse or a chance left to refuse!

So, I had to surrender!!!

We silently dragged our feet along the corridors and crept out of the house like a thief.

"Just tell me one thing! Why the hell is it necessary to do this right now Alizeh?" I gritted my teeth as we came towards the main gate.

"Shhhhh!!! Don't make noise..!" She scolded.

"Why at this time?????" I asked again.

"Because ice cream tastes more delicious when eaten at the midnight of winters!" She giggled.