13. Do You Know Me

Zayn is sitting on one of the sofas and looking down at his phone.

When I close the door behind me, he lifts his sight.

"Please, don't go" I say walking to him, "I need to talk to you"

"Why?"

"I know what you think about me; they've told me. But you're wrong."

"Look, I..."

"I'm not getting paid for doing this" I cut him.

He gives a confused look.

"You're not?" he asks, visibly surprised.

"No, I asked not to. Money is not the reason why I decided to take this opportunity"

He remains silent, staring at me.

"You know nothing about me, Zayn. Nothing about the contract I've signed. I presume you care a lot about Niall and you think I'm here to take advantage of him, of all of you. But that's not true" I sit next to him, "I don't expect you to like me because if I were you, I wouldn't. But please don't judge me before getting to know me. Please don't assume I'm someone I'm not"

He keeps quiet, not even blinking. And I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

"Can I tell you about myself?" I dare to ask.

"I guess so" he says nodding, sitting properly on the couch.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Zayn..." Niall says walking in the room we're in; "Lou says it's time to go and get your hair done"

"Hold on, bro; I'm beating Vicky at table football"

Niall stares at us saying nothing.

Zayn and I have been together since the chat we shared in Tampa two days ago: we've played video games, chat for hours, had lunch together and even watched a movie yesterday night at Liam's hotel room. I guess Niall doesn't really understand why we suddenly get along so well, and truth is I don't really understand either.

"I knew you'd like each other" Liam said to me yesterday with a huge grin as we flew to Atlanta; "it was just a matter of time"

"Vicky" Zayn says lowering his voice once Niall has left; "We're going to have dinner together tonight; like, the lads, the band, the Aussies... I want Niall to know you, I want him to discover all the things you have in common"

"You sure about this?" I ask looking at him.

"Yeah, now you guys are like a little brother and sister to me" he answers with his Bradford accent and I smile; "I want you to get along; I know you will"