[18] What a Stressful Day

3rd Person: POV

For the next day, every student in class looked prepared and clamoured more than the usual days. Everyone except Y/N. Fortunately for her, she was paired up with Saiki's group.

"God. You look terrible, Y/N! What happened?"

Teruhashi questioned, appearing to have seen an unknown creature.

"I was too focused looking up on Okinawa, I lost track of time."

Y/N explained, giggling happily, despite her awful appearance.
•••

~*AIRPORT*~

.~*AIRPORT*~.

Saiki's POV

There's a saying; trips and troubles go together. Unfortunately, we had to learn that the hard way.

"Due to a hurricane, the ten o' clock flight to Okinawa will be temporarily delayed."

That's right. It seemed as if our trip ended before it even started. Not ten minutes ago, these kids were experiencing pure joy. Then we heard about the hurricane, boom, the same kids were like this. I've never seen extreme joy turn to extreme sorrow so suddenly, then they're in the depths of despair. I turn to Teruhashi, who I can imagine was pretty disappointed not being in a group with me. Then their's Kaidou,

"Ha! School trips are so lame! We should ditch this, what do you say Saiki?"

Clearly, that was him bluffing earlier, you could see the dark circles under his eyes. I bet he was too excited to sleep last night.

I'm surprised that Y/N would have the energy to encourage Kaidou; like a sister taking care of a sad puppy. She's not as optimistic as Hairo, who right now is cheering for the sun to come out, but she's trying.

Ouch, even I can't stand to watch this. I'm certain that Y/N would want to fix all this, but I doubt she wouldn't have control over this and mess it up. I guess I'll have to deal with this.

A few minutes later, I came back to the largely filled area that contained screaming and joyful students. Looks like I did my job right.

"Saiki, why are you soaked?"

Y/N asked, tilting her head to the side. It's obvious she already knew what was the cause of it. I chuckled for a bit and peered at her.

"I just payed a little visit to a typhoon in Okinawa."

"I thought so. Thanks for that!"

God, she's too pure for her own good. It's still nice to be appreciated from time to time.

Never mind that, let the school trip begin.
•••

It took some work but the plane for Okinawa had finally left with all students on board. As expected, everyone felt relieved from the trip being cancelled. Not just them, but so was I. This might be the only time I could take a break from using my powers for a little while. I'm just glad that everyone so cheered up.

Well, almost everyone.

"Kaidou, you alright?" Teruhashi questioned.

He simply nodded, mumbling things to himself to keep himself together. In a matter of seconds, Nendou was in front of his face, making matters worse.

Just listening to that makes me feel sick too. I marched out of my seat and emitted away to Kaidou's house, grabbing his medicine once his mother took her eyes focused elsewhere.
•••

A few minutes later....

Yet against, I use my powers. Man, I'm exhausted; two round trips of teleportation, plus I wrestled that typhoon. Time for a nap.

"Breaking news! We have reports of a terrible accident. A plane carrying students on a school trip had to make an emergency water landing."

They say when it rains, it pours but this is just getting ridiculous. That's was a prophetic dream. Should I try my restoration power? No, the plane may have had the problem yesterday. I have to find out what causes the crash first.
•••
Y/N: POV

Out of nowhere, an earthquake happened in the plane. I turned away from the others away near my seat and crossed my eyes which allowed me to see what was causing this commotion. There I saw him, lifting the plane with both his arms, although he seemed to struggle a bit.

Just as expected, Saiki's going all out of it with saving our lives yet again. When will that boy ever get a break from rescuing us? If only I could be of use to him for once.
•••

Once we landed safely to our destination, I witnessed Kaidou being of help to Saiki, looking exhausted of the long flight.

"Kaidou, go on and join the others. I'll leave it from here and help Saiki."

I answer to Kaidou, looking unsure of my offer to him. He might have thought that I wasn't physically strong enough to carry him. Either way, he trusted me halfheartedly, and carefully latched his arm on to my neck, in which I handled well.

I sat next to Saiki, giving him enough room to get some rest in the bus ride. When I turn to him, he appeared to look like a sweet child sent from heaven, quite different from how he usually looked like. He leaned against my shoulders with the most innocent expression, silently snoring from the stressful day he had.

I leaned in toward his ear and whispered something he wouldn't remember.

"I wouldn't have made it here without you, Saiki. Its been such a hectic day for you. You deserve this rest at last."