Chapter 25~ The bad news...

"WHAT!?" screams Izzy, a bit too loud.

Izzy's mom had just told her that the realtor was here to take our house, claiming they had put it up for sale.

"I swear to you, I didn't sell the house, I have no idea who could've... unless, what if your dad found out?" says Izzy mom.

"No, he's not that mean, he wouldn't do something like that, would he?"

"I don't know, but we haven't been here in a while," she says to Izzy and opens the door again, because she accidentally slammed it shut in shock, "sorry, uh, how much time do we have to clean up."

"well, you should've had your house cleaned up by today, but since you seemed to have had some misinformation along the way, we give 72 hours."

"great, ok thanks," she shuts the door.

"72 hours????!!! We don't even have a house to go to, and my friends, and my pets, and my whole life is ruined just because I thought a magic time portal was a great idea!!!!!" Izzy says as she storms out of the room to start cleaning.

Izzy's mom wakes up Izzy's friends and tells them the news.

"What??? But you guys have had this house since 3rd grade. I can't live without Izzy, how will I-- where will you be moving, how could something like this hapen???" Amber says so fast that she has to catch her breath for a good minute before she could talk again.

"Just... stay calm, we'll figure something out," says Izzy's mom.

"How can we stay calm, and just do nothing???" says Autumn.

Amber goes to Izzy's room and helps her clean up.

"I'm going to miss you," says Amber, as she cries a little.

"I will too, I don't even know how we can get settled within 72 hours. We don't even have anywhere else to go."

"Well, if you need somewhere to stay, you could always come to my house," says Amber, with a little smile.

"thanks," Izzy says, and smiles back.

"We will help you clean up!" says Sierra, Grace, Paige, and Autumn as they all walk into Izzy's room.

They spend the next 2 days cleaning, while Izzy's mom looks for a house on the market.

It is now midnight on the third day and everyone is still awake in panic because it's their last day to clean up. They took breaks, of course, but it was difficult to sleep with all these different questions burning through everyone's mind about what will happen next...

Izzy's mom comes in the attic, where everyone was cleaning up the last bit of mess they had left.

"I found a house--" Izzy's mom starts.

"Really??? Where?? When can we get there?" asks Izzy.

"Slow down, let me finish. I was going to say I found a house, but it's all the way in Denver, Colorado."

Izzy stares at her mom for a second, speechless.

"you mean, that was the only house you could find? That's a whole 1,000 miles away!!!" says Amber.

"Yeah, and I don't want to leave my friends," says Izzy.

"I know, I'm sorry, this is the only way," says Izzy's mom in a despairing tone.