The School Festival

~After School~

You: "How was your counselling?"

Haru: "Quite lovely actually, the good doctor really helped me with a few things. Thanks again for recommending I visit him F/n"

It had been a week since you had last met up as the Phantom Thieves, all of you reverting back to your usual lives as students while the world searched for the Phantom Thieves to bring them to justice. Midterms had come and gone quickly for you, your knowledge of school subjects being the best it could be already, but the exams still being tricky for you due to the added pressure in your overall life right now. In regards to the investigation, you had all begun working towards trying to get Goro Akechi to attend the school festival, hoping to gain some insight on the police investigation into the Phantom Thieves. On the last day of the exams Futaba had sent you a text, sticking to her word on keeping you in the loop in her activities, and informing you she had new info to share with you all.

Ryuji: "Personally I think that doc is kind of a weirdo"

As Ryuji spoke, Futaba made her appearance, a small smile on her face.

Futaba: "Yo"

Ryuji: "Speakin' of weirdos"

You lightly flicked Ryuji on the forehead, the blonde taking the hint and shutting up as Futaba looked at him angrily.

Yusuke: "We've been waiting quite a while. I hope you have something for us"

Futaba: "Needed to finish up my investigation, dont worry...the intel is good"

Makoto: "Well? What did you find?"

Futaba: "The Medjed I banned... wasn't the real one"

You all looked at Futaba confused, wondering if that was all that had come from her investigation.

You: "Annnd this links to the case...how?"

Futaba: "I'm getting there dummy! The code written by the Medjed that messed with us was different from any past Medjed. Code is like...your fingerprints in a way, no matter how hard you try to disguise it, your own quirks appear in it. The one we dealt with was all cut and pasted, no skill or consistency"

Makoto: "Could it have just been a new member to Medjed?"

Futaba: "Hmmm how do I put this...that code was so obviously not written by anyone interested in cracking...like, at all. There's no way it was an official Medjed user"

Yusuke: "So some unknown party was using the Medjed name to try and provoke us? Why?"

Ann: "Maybe just for fun? It was around the time we were starting to get popular...maybe they wanted in on the hype?"

Makoto: "...maybe it's the other way around..."

You: "If you have an idea Makoto, lets hear it"

Makoto: "This is only a hypothetical, but perhaps they used the Medjed name to make the Phantom Thieves known"

Futaba: "Exactly what I was thinking Makoto"

Ryuji: "What? Why would you think that?!"

Futaba: "Simple, I found that same exact code somewhere else entirely"