30: THIRD TRIMESTER

Marisol smiled softly as she opened the door to the packhouse. Dr. Callahan was more persuasive than she was apparently because her mother agreed to come stay with them. Even better, she agreed press charges against her father. It was clear that Samantha felt the bond immediately.

She showed her mother where she would be staying, but she requested to stay with Cal. He was more than overjoyed to agree to her request. When Marisol made sure her mother was alright, she took a shower in her room and called Brad. As she exited the bathroom, she noticed Grey, sitting on the bed with his hands in between his legs like he was thinking. Like he thought another fight would start.

Marisol wobbled to the bed, sitting next to him. "I'm mad that you made the decision without me, and I'm angry that no one told me, but above everything else I'm terrified. What if...what if you don't win?"

"I will, Marisol."

She nodded as he brought her into his arms. She laid her head into his chest, willing what he said to be the truth. "I need my own people here."

"I know."

"What's Dr. Callahan's first name?"

"Alexander."

She smiled to herself. His name meant savior. "When is it? The fight, I mean."

"After your due date."

"You'll win," she affirmed. "You have to."

The following day, after breakfast, Marisol and her family went over to their house to begin moving in some of their things. Marisol got out of the truck and went to the back. She reached for a small box and Carlisle grabbed it before she could.

"You're 29 weeks pregnant."

"I can carry–"

"No, you can't." Carlisle gave her a look to which she rolled her eyes with a small grin. Marisol walked in their new home to see Nolan and Greyson hauling in the couch and table fro the living room. Greyson was carrying the couch, while Nolan carried the table. She chuckled to herself.

She could hear Abigail and Arabella upstairs, probably finishing the nursery. She wasn't allowed to go in while they were painting, so she settled for walking outback to the porch. She took out her phone and sat down on the steps, texting her mother. She smiled to herself as her phone rung after she sent one text.

"Mom?"

"Marisol!"

Her smile brightened as she listened to her mom's voice. It was no longer stressed. She sounded...somewhat happy. "Hey, ma, we are at our new house moving in. How are you?"

"I'm okay, sweetie, Alexander, he took me to a little restaurant..."

Marisol listened to her mother talk about her morning with her mate. She didn't know it, but Alexander was hers. They were meant for each other. Marisol enjoyed hearing her mother's excitement.

"Oh, but have you thought about names?"

"We have but it's a long list. We still aren't sure."

"Sweetheart," her mother whispered.

"Yes, mom?"

"I must say, Alexander's hearing is fantastic!"

"Why do you say that?"

"Because when I was in the kitchen, I dropped something and he came immediately! He was so fast!"

Laughing, she nodded. "There's a lot I have to tell you, ma. Maybe we could have dinner later?"