Chapter 5

Clove's POV:

The bright sunlight shone on my face and woke me. I thought that I closed that last night. I looked at the watch that I always have on and saw that it was 6:00 am. I slowly got out of bed and dragged myself to the bathroom. I took a short shower and put my training clothes on. There was no point in putting my normal clothes on since I was going straight to training. I stuffed my normal clothes in my training bag and put my black windbreaker on.

I made my way downstairs and saw that my mother was already up. She usually leaves when I get up, but I didn't know that she woke at sunrise.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"I've got early training today." I say as I pick up an apple.

"Oh sorry I must've forgotten." She said as she sipped her coffee. I looked at the time. 6:40 am. I was planning on going for a morning run before going to training. I sat down and finished my apple before throwing the core away and saying goodbye to mum.

I got out and felt the morning breeze on my face. There was nothing better than the cool morning air. I walked to the training centre and surprisingly, it was open. I walked in and saw Cato practicing with his sword. I quickly walked to the girl's change room and placed my bag in a locker. When I came out, I could feel him staring at me, but I refused to pay attention to him. I walked out of the training centre and started running. I ran as fast as I could until I reached the park that I used to go to when I was little. After dad left, I had stopped sneaking out in the mornings so that I didn't hurt myself. Deep down, I always missed seeing the sunrise from this bench, but there were more important things to do.

I looked at my watch. 7:30 am. I started heading back to the training academy, so I wouldn't be late. When I arrived it was 7:46 am, so I was fine. I walked in and saw that Cato was still practicing, but this time he was using a spear.

"Morning, Clover." He called to me when he saw that I was staring.

"Idiot." I said as I nodded in his direction. He threw another spear. His form wasn't too good, but he throws it with so much strength that it makes up for his terrible form.

"You're not doing it right." I said to him before he could throw another.

"Really?" He said as he lowered his spear and turned to me. "Why don't you show me then, sweetheart?" He said as he held out the spear.

"Gladly." I said as I grabbed the spear and walked in front of him. "Don't call me sweetheart or this spear is going up your arse."

I positioned myself and threw the spear with all my might. It hit the centre and knocked the dummy back about 4 feet.

"That's how it done, Hadley." I said with a smirk.

"Good you're both here." Fabian said from across the room. We both turned to him.

"Let's get started with warm-ups." We followed him to the track that was in the back of the building. In the back, there was a running track that was surrounded by grass. I have never been out here before, but some people come here to practice running.

"You guys are going to race. I want 10 laps." He said as we arrived.

"10?" Cato said sounding shocked.