Chapter Three

Keito sighed to himself as he sat on his chair at the second to the last seat of the room. Just as usual he was the first one to have entered the room and he was feeling rather irritated with his self that he covered his face and mentally cried to himself.

He just involved Meijin High’s Prince in one of his private matters and worst was that Hikaru took him home. It was total humiliation for him to receive such kindness because for the past 3 years of his life the only kindness that he was willing to receive is from his uncle, Kei Inoo. No one else, not even to his mother did he ever tried to get close because he made a rule to himself that he would never ever again involve others in his life, but with yesterday’s event he had broken that one important rule.

How? How could he be so careless? What if Fujigaya didn’t stop his assaults even after Hikaru had threatened him? What if Hikaru also got beaten up? What if they started bothering Hikaru too?

All those questions popped inside of Keito’s thoughts but in some corner of it he told himself:

‘No, that’s likely impossible. Yaotome-senpai is strong, even if he failed to threaten Fujigaya and his gang he would still win. And besides, there’s no way Yaotome-senpai and me would cross paths again. It was just a coincidence, a passing of life, today would be just be like normal…just like normal’

Keito’s eyes widened in shock as tears involuntarily fell from his eyes. For years he had lied to himself that he didn’t need anyone, that he could live with just himself alone but deep down inside of him he knew that he was wrong. He knew that he too wanted someone close to him, to care for him, to always be with him and to love him. But all these things he had tried to avoid, getting close with someone will only hurt that person and himself.

He had come to believe that due to his past experiences. He was still a kid back then but he knew that sooner or later his parents would divorce. And several years later they actually did and his mother had left him in his father’s care, leaving him and taking his younger brother with her. Keito was still 8 at that time and his younger brother was 5. He loved him very much and cried a lot when his mother left him and took his younger brother.

Keito had already forgotten the face of his younger brother but he still remembered his name, Ryutaro. He really missed him so much but after his father got arrested because of murder his mother finally contacted him after so many years, telling him to move in with them. But Keito refused, he knew that everyone looked at him as the son of a murderer but not many knew of his relation with his younger brother Ryutaro. Being the kind older brother he is he knew that if he didn’t involve himself with his younger brother, Ryutaro could still have a normal peaceful life. So he did what he thought was right, he refused her and kept the Okamoto name.

He kept on denying her calls after that and even changed his contact number. Keito also did some part time jobs so he’d have money to spend on his food, clothing, school fees and other necessities. His uncle Kei who was actually just two years older than him also helped him a lot and Keito accepted his help.

Kei had been with Keito after the divorce of Keito’s parents. He knew of the sufferings that Keito had been keeping to himself and he wanted Keito to feel wanted again. But even when Keito tried to open up to him in the end Keito would just take another step back. It pained him too, to see his nephew like this, suffering alone and not opening up to anyone even to him.

The only thing Keito thought would be for the good of everyone was to keep distance and never get too close. He had made a barrier between him and everyone else so that no one would come any closer.

‘Yes, this is for the best’

“Okamoto-kun morning~!” Keito turned to his side and saw Yuto Nakajima enter the room and smile at him. But Yuto’s smile quickly faded as turned into a frown.