Wattpad Original

DANCING WITH THE DARK : PREVIEW

THE TALE

Once upon a time, there was a prince who was hated by everyone.

troublemaker. Culprit. He is known as the god of war who is always thirsty for bloodshed—brutal and cruel. His nature is far in contrast to his handsome appearance. Slaughtering people who were considered useless gave him pleasure, making him hated by the Gods, even his own father; a King of the most feared powerful empire. Moreover, the candidate for successor to the throne is not only him.

"That prince must be killed! He deserves to die! His presence will only destroy the empire!"

So many oaths, curses and bad prayers from everyone to the prince from all over the empire. The thing that might be the cause of bad luck actually came to the prince.

The Prince was dying—nearly dying when his other brothers attacked him. Intending to kill him for the good of 'all'. However, as if God still wanted to give him mercy, the ruthless Prince survived—helped by the Crown Prince from the other side. The thing that made the cruel Prince swore allegiance, and promised to always be the protector of the Crown Prince's family.

Who would have thought that it would be the beginning that brought together a cruel prince with a beautiful princess who was always overflowing with affection.

From the first hearing his voice, the Prince knew the Princess was destined for him.

From the first sight of her figure, the Prince knew the Princess was his.

In a long time, the cruel prince had always felt his world was like hell, but now it wasn't. Not when he could always see the Princess nearby.

*

SEBUAH DONGENG

Pada suatu masa, terdapat seorang pangeran yang dibenci semua orang.

Pengacau. Biang kerok. Ia dikenal sebagai dewa perang yang selalu haus akan pertumpahan darah—brutal dan kejam. Sifatnya jauh berbanding terbalik dengan tampangnya yang rupawan. Membantai orang-orang yang dianggap tidak berguna memberi kesenangan tersendiri untuknya, membuatnya sampai dibenci para Dewa, bahkan Ayahnya sendiri; seorang Raja dari kekaisaran kuat yang paling ditakuti. Apalagi, calon penerus tahkta juga bukan hanya dia.

"Pangeran itu harus dibunuh! Dia pantas mati! Kehadirannya hanya akan menghancurkan kekaisaran!"

Begitu banyak sumpah, umpatan dan doa-doa buruk dari semua orang pada si pangeran dari seluruh penjuru kekaisaran. Hal yang mungkin menjadi penyebab nasib buruk benar-benar menghampiri pangeran itu.

Sang Pangeran sekarat—nyaris menemui ajal ketika saudara-saudaranya yang lain menyerangnya. Berniat membunuhnya demi kebaikan 'semuanya'. Akan tetapi, seakan Dewa masih mau memberinya belas kasih, Sang Pangeran kejam berhasil selamat—tertolong oleh Putra Mahkota dari negeri seberang. Hal yang membuat sang Pangeran kejam bersumpah setia, dan berjanji untuk selalu menjadi pelindung keluarga Putra Mahkota itu.

Siapa sangka itu akan menjadi awal yang mempertemukan Pangeran kejam dengan seorang Putri cantik yang selalu dilimpahi kasih sayang.

Sejak awal mendengar suaranya, Pangeran tahu Putri itu ditakdirkan untuknya.

Sejak awal melihat sosoknya, Pangeran tahu Putri adalah miliknya.

Dalam waktu yang lama, Pangeran kejam selalu merasa dunianya seperti neraka, tapi kini tidak. Tidak ketika ia selalu bisa melihat Sang Putri didekatnya.