.25.

later in the day, mr nolan had made an announcement there would be a service for neil in the assembly hall

olivia stood in her bathroom, tying her hair up, pulling some strands out. she put a necklace on and she wore her uniform as it was required for some reason.

she tried to put a smile on her face, even if it were just small, but it wasn't working. why was she this way? she herself wondered. she felt like she was being dramatic for not knowing neil for that long, however, she got to know him over the past month, knowing more about him than some of the boy's did.

"pull yourself together, olivia ann terriancie. you got this. these professors and mr nolan have nothing on you either way if something happens afterwards. besides, you just need to stand, listen, and sing whatever dumb hymnal nolan picks out. you'll survive." she mini-pep talked herself, nodding. she bit her lower lip and rubbed her face.

hearing an announcement being played loudly in the hallway, she walked out of the bathroom and hesitantly opened up her door, walking out.

students walked through the hallways, some upset, others not so much.

she walked over to charlie who was waiting at the end of the hallway impatiently with the others and held her hand. "there's my girl." he said kissing her cheek.

olivia smiled gently looking up at him, lacing her fingers with his. "hi charlie." she softly spoke, trying to keep the smile on her face.

"alright, cute and all but let's get moving." knox said pushing the two from behind.

"okay." olivia laughed, walking and charlie swatted him away.

"aye, knock it off, knoxious." charlie said, gently hitting his wrist.

the other boy placed his hands up in defense as he walked behind them.

todd walked over to stand on the other side of olivia, his head low.

"you feeling any better?" charlie asked as they turned a corner, nearing the assembly hall.

"not really, are you?" she questioned and only got a shake of the head in reply. she looked over at todd, nudging him gently. "hey buddy, don't worry. we'll get through it."

"yeah... i hope." todd said, looking to the side at olivia before back at the ground.

the group and many others filed into the assembly hall, taking their seats, talking amongst themselves.