Estevans POV;

Estevan's POV;

God... I feel so... Not me... What's wrong this year? This delay is too much.

That Marcus brat is lucky I am feeling this weak, else I would have taken his eyes out.

I get to the entrance of the Jackson house and smile. I miss the serenity of this place.

I walk through the door and am stunned by the sight before me. Mr. Jackson is crying in the living room with a bottle of alcohol in his hand! I have never seen him cry nor drink before.

One look at his hands, and I see blood... What!? Where are the kids and their mom?! Are they okay!? Lord, please let Laina be okay.

I dash up the stairs and, here I am standing before Lainas room with the door wide open. I step in and find Luca sitting against a wall with his head dropped between his folded knees.

But what halts my movements is Laina. She is laying on the bed like a corpse, and her mother is sobbing beside her.

I run over to her and see that she has been disfigured. She looks molested, and I am eager to find out what happened to her.

I place my hand on her head so I could see what happen. I only see her standing before Marcus's house, and I hear her scream.

Just then, my head begins to hurt and my chest begins to burn. I'm becoming weaker. I need the blue moon soon. If not, I will be gone sooner than soon.

That bastard raped her! He raped my Laina! He is going to pay! I try to take my animal cat form, but I fail.

The more I try, the more I hurt, I'm weak and I need the blue moon. I can't do anything right without my powers. I need to feed my stone.

Little wonder I did not sense the trouble.
Laina my dear, I'm sorry. I could not protect you. Please forgive me. I don't have forever, but I will defend you as long as I am here.

I Sit on her bed and take her hand in mine. Letting my weakness and love for her take over.

...............

The next morning,

Mr. Brown. The town's head of medical issues in town came to examine Laina. He came with a female nurse.

The nurse, after spending some time alone with Laina in the room, told the family that Laina had been assaulted but official tests needed to be run on her.

I watched the whole family leave. I would have loved to go with them, but I am too weak. I don't think I will make it past this night if the blue moon doesn't show today. This might very much be my last day in the land of the mortals and my mission will be a huge failure.

15 years and I still haven't been able to find Sonia. What a loved one I am.

After a few hours of loneliness, and pain in the house, the family finally returns. Laina is now moving.

I watch as she walks right past me and up the stairs. Sometimes, I wish I could just pull her into a hug and tell her she is not alone.

Over these past 5 years, I have grown to love her beyond bounds, but how dare I!? What absurd dreams have I!? A ghost and a human.

I'd better just focus on accomplishing my mission and forget about Laina.

Rose forced herself to make breakfast. From the little, I heard them discuss, Luca had developed a severe ulcer.

The dining table was set and just when she was about to go up the stairs to call Laina, what she saw sent her staggering a few feet back. Luca and Zack were forced to their feet, and I... Despite being a ghost, was shocked!