Chapter XLI

XLI

XLI. Coming home

"My king, my queen. Perhaps, we should wait a while before you disembark."

Robert and Livia turned to the knight, their hands clasped together, both of them confused.

"Why is that?" Robert asked.

The knight answered formally. "The people of King's Landing are crowding the docks, Your Grace."

Livia's eyes widened before turning to Robert with a shocked expression. "I-I don't know what to say."

Robert smiled briefly, before commanding the knight. "Very well, have the men clear a path first."

"Yes, Your Grace."

When the knight had gone and left, Livia spoke. "I can hardly believe the people are waiting for us."

"Why would it be such a shock, Liv? The people love you. When you were gone, they all prayed at the sept for your return." Robert replied, watching her eyes grow larger in wonder.

"I guess I just did not expect it." She said, smiling as they neared King's Landing.

"Looks like we're home." He grinned, squeezing her hand once, meeting her eyes. 

When the ship got near enough, they could hear the loud cheers and chanting of the crowd. "Queen Livia! King Robert!"

With a steady smile on his face, Robert disembarked first before helping Livia. Her belly had grown larger throughout their weeks at sea and her craving for sour cherries only increased.

She was moodier than usual but it seems that being back at King's Landing has improved her mood. Probably at the thought of elk meatballs and sour cherries.

Ned had diverted his trip back to the North, leaving only their fleets.

Reaching flat ground, Livia swayed slightly after weeks at sea, still getting used to steady ground. "Whoa!"

"Are you alright?" Robert quickly asked, concerned but it quickly dissipated when he heard her laugh softly.

"Forgive me, I just need to steady myself." She smiled, laying a hand on his arm to reassure him. "I'm alright, I promise. I'm not made of glass."

He shook his head, smiling along with her and leading her to the carriage prepared for both of them. "I know that. I just-I'm worried for you."

She gasped as she settled inside and he climbed after her, worried that something was wrong when she spoke. "Don't tell me that you're going to be a worrywart like Lord Arryn now!"

He laughed sarcastically, closing the carriage door and gesturing for them to start moving. "Ha. Ha. Make fun of me for wanting you to feel comfortable."

"Gods, Robert. So moody. One would almost think that you're the pregnant one." Livia teased aloud, her voice heard through the slowly growing chants.

"Moody?!" Robert exclaimed in disbelief. "I'm not moody!"