Chapter XLII

XLII

XLII. First of his Name

"What are you doing, Livvy?"

"Writing correspondents, brother." Livia looked up from her work, her quill suspended from further writing, as she smiled at Tyrion. "What about you?"

Tyrion smiled, lifting up a small wooden contraption. "I'm making a toy boat. For the baby."

Her brother was visiting from Casterly Rock and she took to spending time with him and Jaime. She invited Cersei of course, but Cersei resented even being in the same room as Tyrion. Much like their father.

"A boat? I still think mine is better. A wooden lion." Jaime bragged, lifting a slightly deformed wooden lion to show everyone.

Tyrion huffed. "Then I shall make a stag. Beat that!"

Livia laughed softly at their antics, before becoming distracted by the correspondents in front of her.

She had been receiving much more letters, asking about her well-being, congratulating her on the child she had yet to give birth to.

She didn't recall having much friends throughout Westeros but it seems they all saw her as a potential friend, what with her being queen and all. They sent various kinds of gifts with their letters. Gifts like casks of cloth, jewels, exotic foods. 

For the baby, supposedly. 'Supposedly.'

Even Robert had laughed at the latest one when they sent, a case of cured meats. Robert enjoyed eating those ones.

"Good luck making a stag in so little time. Look at Livvy." Jaime retorted, nodding at Livia. "She'd give birth before you even finish that toy."

It had been couple of months and Livia hated having to say it but she knew she resembled a sphere of some sort. It had become difficult to do pretty much anything. 

Sometimes, she couldn't even sleep, finding it difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in. Robert had been understanding enough, even when she had woken him up four times in the night.

Unexpected food cravings and mood swings, he stuck by her side. He may deny being the sweetest man alive but he truly was.

"Livvy, can you postpone giving birth so I can finish the stag?" Tyrion asked.

Livia shook her head, laughing. "It's not like I can just keep the baby inside!"

Jaime snorted before bursting into laughter. Tyrion, feeling annoyed, threw the wooden boat he had been working on at Jaime.

"Ow!" Jaime exclaimed, his expression in mock pain.

"Don't worry. You'll live." Tyrion answered, giggling.

"Livvy, he's being mean to me!" Jaime protested like a child.

Tyrion stuck his tongue out at his brother. "He was mean to me first!"