Blind Date

"I don't think I wanna go out any more guys.." I sat down on my bed, pulling the plush white towel tighter across my body.

"Uhn uhn, we getting you up out this house Sulani." My best friend, Chance, spoke.

"Um, you can't just make me."

"Yes we can!" My other best friend, Kaydence, yelled from inside my closet. She walked out with two dresses in each of her hands. One was sleek simple and black and the other was a satin red color.

"You've been in the house since you broke up with Dylan. You have to go out to get over him bitch."

"And you think this is the best way?"

"Duh." They both spoke at the same time.

My friends had the brilliant, catch my sarcasm here, idea to set me up on a blind date tonight at a lounge. They think it'll be a great way to get over my ex. I however don't think so.

Kaydence held up the two dresses in front of Chance and I. "Which one you wearing? I kind of like this one more." She walked over to me placing the red one in front of my body. "What do you think?" She asked Chance.

"So you not gone ask if I like it???" I scoffed.

"You bought it didn't you?"

I nodded my head slowly, not understanding her point.

"So that means you like it, the fuck." She cackled like a witch, and now holding the black dress to my body.

"Hold that one up again." Chance stood back up, staring at it then smiling at me. "Yeah that red one's hot, he's gonna love it."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. "Who is this guy anyway?" I didn't want to be set up with some weirdo. Only Lord knows who these two would come up with. They're taste in men were totally opposite of mine.

"It wouldn't be a blind date if I told you now would it? Come on let's do this fucking head!" Kaydence jumped up grabbing my wrist, leading me to the bathroom. She sat me down in the chair and began to do large wand curls in my hair.

;

We were now at the lounge, that was overly crowded with people from the front to the back.

Kaydence, being the baddie extrovert she was, had already been approached by a man who pulled her onto the dance floor. And I was stuck with a Chance that was completely occupied by her phone.

"So who is this guy, again?" I asked anxiously.

"He's my cousin's friend, his name is Rocky... I think." Chance spoke shrugging, without looking up from her phone, probably texting her on again off again boo back. Her phone rang and she perked up quickly before motioning that she was going and walked away. I rolled my eyes knowing it was him, who was calling her. They were so toxic for each other.

I sipped on my water awkwardly while standing at the bar alone, waiting for my knight in shining armor to arrive. But every minute that passed It was starting to look like he wasn't going to come. We'd been here for almost an hour and he still wasn't here yet and the longer I stayed her the more upset I was becoming.

The vibes in this club were real depressing for a single person. Looking around everyone was basically boo'd up. I frowned up beginning to grab my things to go when a voice called out to me.

"Sulani?"

I turned looking for who called me, the voice sounded familiar but I couldn't quiet put a face to it.

"Rodrick?" I asked surprised. I hadn't seen him since high school almost 2 years ago. He definitely looked good, them braces and glasses he had back in the day definitely didn't do him justice. But this new grown look on him definitely worked.

"What are you doing here?"

He smiled opening his arms inviting me for a hug, which I gladly gave him. My mouth damn near watered inhaling his heavenly scent.

"I'm guessing, I'm your blind date." He smiled. 

I internally sighed of relief, while thanking God. It was Roddy, not Rocky.

"Sorry for being so late." He apologized.

We sat around the bar chatting for a while trying to catch up with each other as best we could but the lounge was really popping. "Come with me." He grabbed my hand pulling me outside the club, and out into the busy streets of Los Angelos. We walked down the street for a moment before we found an empty bench nearby.

"You know I missed talking to you. Home room was the only thing I liked about school." He grinned showing off his pearly whites.

"Awe Really? I use to look forward to home room everyday."

"Me too. That's when I would try and talk to the prettiest girl ever, but she never gave me a chance." He laughed a little to himself.

My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to remember who all was on our home room period. I remember him saying something about one girl, but she wasn't allat to me.

"Really, who? Was it Rachel? I heard she gotta kid now, so you not missing out on nun." I shrugged.

He chuckled shaking his head. "No, you Su."

I looked at our hands that were still intertwined together, than up at Roddy in a shocked expression.

"You're kidding." I squinted my eyes at him, trying to see if he was lying. "I'm forreal Sulani. I been wanted you since I first met you at orientation our freshman year. I even wanted to ask you to senior prom, but you went with that swole ass nigga... What was his name?"

"Dylan." I huffed. "Yeah, that's him. Whatever happened to that nigga?"

"We used to date... but I found out he cheated on me not to long ago." I made a small smile, looking up, trying to hold back the tears that were trying their best to fall from the dam that was holding them back.

Rodrick grabbed my chin, bringing my face back to being level with his. He stared into my dark chocolate eyes, while speaking softly. "Sulani, you're too beautiful, too amazing, to be crying over an aint shit ass nigga."

Bringing my once glossy lips into my mouth, I looked away from him, as the tears finally fell.

"Stop looking away from me." He grabbed my face again. "I promise you, if you give me a chance Su I won't ever fuck it up like him."

:
vote, comment, follow :) oh and request LMFAO that's the only way imma get imagines out :(