Chapter Five

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

》Chapter Five《

The blood in my veins surged through my excited body, trying to get a glimps out of the clear windows as we fly above the brown world. The wind causes Evan's boney left shoulder to bump into mine time to time, maybe every ten minutes, so I can tell how long I've been on this plane by the effect the winds have on his body. Every so often, I look over at him to see if he's nervous or angry, as he has came out to be in the past, but if he is, the only signs I see is a slight twitch in his right nostril. He would eventually catch me doing this, looking at him every few seconds, but the thought of him leaving me alone with one other to go somewhere else isn't exactly soothing. Although, having him sit close to me isn't exactly soothing, either.

"Would you stop?" Evan's voice traveled into my ear, his fingers indenting the skin on my wrists. I've been messaging them for the past twenty minutes, trying my best not to make it noticable. His fingers left with red marks behind and he whispered once again,"You're going to get us in trouble..." his voice trailed off, the raspiness coming to the surface because of how deep he dropped. "I'm nervouse too. Stop."

My breath of slight relief disappeared into the air, and the tempation to lean my head on the window became more real within every second.

"Hey," I whispered, my voice cracking out of intimidation and anxiety. Evan turned his head to face me, his features hardened as always, but they weren't nearly as intimidating as the once was. His back was straight, so his head was cocked in an awkward angle to look down at me, giving him more of a superior tone to his body. My words lingered in the air for a few seconds, the tensity thickening between us. No one can see us, except the pilot. Everyone on the Air craft has their rooms, a tight space with plush seats to sit on. I was pressed against the large window that attached to the top of our room, to the floor of the air craft. I sigh,"I've never been on an air craft before."

Evan's right nostril twiches again, but his facial expression stays the same. He continues to look straight through me, barley moving, his head in the same position as the beginning. The anxiety in my heart started to increase as his hard, stoned face looks at me. His eyes are drained of any emotion, his mouth in a straight like, his jaw set. My palms started sweating, and I reached out to massage them, only to be stopped quickly by his hand.

"No," he whispers.

My head bobbed up and down, uneasy breaths escaping my chapped, pink lips. He drops my hand with grace, his fingers lingering seconds before he speaks, "Are you scared?"

The question stunned me,"I-I'm, I-"

"Of the Air craft, Isa?" His gaze searched for mine, our fingers still touching. The anxiety worsened within every second of his eyes tracing my expression. He's aware that we could get into an immense amount of trouble by showing emotions, the worry of that written across his trembling lips, and the way he bobs his slender fingers up and down, trying to be patient whilst waiting for me to hurry up and calm down.

I breathe in a deep breath, and that seemed to rattle him more. He reflects my actions, breathing in as well, and ran his free hand into his thick, black hair. "Hey, it'll be okay. I've done this plenty of times."
His words did very little to ease my tension, but I tried. I didn't look out the window for the rest of the ride, and Evan's fingers never left mine.

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

"Okay!" A deep, loud voice boomed through the area, rattling the dusty ground and vibrating my ears. The body that matched the voice was a man in his thirties with brown hair waving down to his neck. He ran his hand through it often, I could tell, and I wondered if he got nervouse during these times. I wondered if he was anxious to meet new people and to speak so loud, and I wondered if he was being who he was told to be by the government, or if he's actually like this. "Put these on, and go straight to your rooms," he ordered, his eyebrows furrowed at a white piece of copy paper with cursive letters sketched on the top. His voice vibrated my ears once again and I ran cold, "I need to see Isa immediately."