Chapter 28: One Down

"There's only one week left until the final exams. You all are studying properly, right? I'm sure you already know, but it won't be just a written exam. There's also a practical component. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all."

Ahh yes, the final exams. Don't lie to yourself, Y/N. You didn't study at all.

You weren't actually the type to spend your time with books especially when it was about heroing. It was kind of boring but with the help of your common sense and fighting strategies, you were able to pass any hero tests so you weren't worried at all. You weren't afraid of practical exams too, your strategy was usually to take the top and just do what you were told.

I guess Bakugo was right, maybe I am a bit perfect. Actually, a part of what he said was right. It's not entirely correct. But still, just because I have AWESOME skills and an INTELLIGENT mind doesn't mean my personality and backstory are great too. I just don't know what he sees in me. I'm rude, ignorant, selfish, and a daughter of the mastermind of all villains who's hiding somewhere and heroes never knew he lived after so many years, except for All Might. Now that I think about it, Father could already be a hundred year old now! So my father is a hundred year old man and his own sixteen year old daughter never knew about it? I wonder if Mom knew, if she did then I'm surprised she didn't complain. Well, that's love for you.

You placed 6th on the midterms and it didn't quite bother you a bit but the final exam sure did.

"Y/N, would you like to join us? You know, our study group?" You blinked a few times before answering Yaoyorozu's question.

"No, I'm fine," You answered nicely.

You were confident that you were going to pass the test even without studying. There was one time before you stopped going to Nabu Middle School, you didn't study before the exams and you turned out to have a decent score. Because of that unexpected result, you began trusting both your guts and senses.

"Oh, alright," She smiled and walked to the others who agreed to join her study group.

You looked at them with slight jealousy in your eyes. When you were in your middle school days, everyone was avoiding you since there were rumors that your dad was a criminal. Nobody bothered to talk to you, nobody wanted to sit with you at lunch, nobody ever asked you to join studying with them. Except for Shin-shin, he was different among all of them.

But that time when you moved out from Nabu, you handled everything on your own at your new school. You were used to it that's why you never knew how to interact with others in a friendly way. You never knew how it felt to have a large group of friends. Now, seeing your classmates happy gave you relief, you were able to save those three. You knew it was wrong but you felt like you had to do it, you hade to save your friends.

My friends.

▲▲▲

You just got your lunch tray with full of food stored in it and after that, you went to take a look at the whole cafeteria. You wanted to check if there were any available  seats but they were all occupied. You shifted your eyes to a familiar guy, you hated him from the first time you met though.

"I heard you guys met the hero killer. Just like at the sports festival, you guys in Class A just have to have all the attention, huh? But that attention isn't because people have high hopes for you. It's because you keep attracting trouble, right? Oh, that's scary. Someday, the rest of us might also be caught up in the trouble you bring and become victims as well... like getting cursed by the god of pestilence! Oh, that's sca-"