CHAPTER 1

LILY POV:

"Sunshine, wakey! wakey!.....",a sweet voice rang through my room.
I stretched and smiled, opening my eyes. My grandma chuckled and kissed my hair.

"Come on, lazy. Hop out and come down for breakfast."

I nodded and got out of the bed, ready to face another wonderful day of my life!
I did my morning routine, changed into a sky blue floral dress that reached my knees. I brushed my waist length hair, braiding it to the side. 

I blew myself a kiss in front of the mirror and hopped down the stairs, witnessing my grandpa stealing a cornbread. 

I stiffled a laugh and he signaled me not to make noise. But it was too late when grandma smacked him behind his head.

"What was that for?", he pouted.
"How dare you! Place it back. Not before breakfast.", she turned to the pancakes.

I kissed him on his cheek for sulking and he flipped her off turning his attention to me.
"Good morning, grandpa!", I smiled even though knowing it was anything but that.

"Good morning, cupcake", He reciprocated and we all sat down to eat.
"So, what are you planning on doing today?"

I placed my finger on my chin, as if thinking, "Actually my final exam is in 2 days, grandpa. So gotta put my everything."

"Oh, our worry is not about that, we know you will ace it. It's what you want to do after that. Maybe want to experience outside world?", grandma chirped.  

"But with security 24/7.", grandpa chided in.

This has been my whole life. I was homeschooled since the age of 8. I never actually stepped out since I had pretty much had everything. I was never allowed out of home since my grandparents found out about my dad. I was happy with life just the way it was. I only had one friend, Ryan and he's such a sweetheart. He always spends his time mostly here and my grandparents love him to the moon. He never fails to make me smile or laugh. He lives just opposite our home. 

"Hello, good morning everyone."

A cute boy waddled in, waving at us. I jumped and took him in my arms, swinging him. He laughed and I sat him on my lap at the dining table. He kissed my cheek and smiled adorably. 

"Good morning, Ryan. Are you hungry?", grandma asked to which he eagerly nodded. I fed him simultaneously filling my tummy too. After everything, we made our way to my room, where Ryan flopped on my bed. I chuckled and sat beside him.

"So, how is school, sweetheart?", I asked since he was turning 10 in a few months. 
"Its ok, not exciting. So what are you doing today?"
"Nothing much, going to study. Did you bring your homework?"
"Yes, I brought it."

And just like that we indulged into our activities. He was a smart boy so I didn't have to assist in his homework every once in a while. It was around 12 when I heard a doorbell.
I went down to see my grand parents seated in the living room, looking worried.
When they saw me they masked it and smiled.

I smiled and saw that they had a letter. I did not ask anything about it and took some cookies for Ryan. I trodded up to see him passed out on the bed. I smiled and tucked him in, kissing his forehead.

I resumed my studies and before I knew it, it was 4 in the afternoon. I stretched and Ryan stirred. He smiled at me and made grabby hands at me. I picked him up, walking downstairs to see Ryan's mother in the dining room. She smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"Lily, dear. How are your studies going?", Catherine asked.
"Its good. Almost getting over."
"I can't believe you are nearing the end of highschool. so what's next?"
"I was thinking about fashion designing, maybe?"

Just then, her phone rang and she excused herself saying it was her husband. I looked at gran to see her staring off into space and the pot was boiling. I shrieked and turned off the gas, effectively pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Grandma what happened?", I asked worried placing a hand on her shoulders. She smiled and shrugged it off telling me not to worry.

"That stupid insatiable man!!!", Catherine entered looking angry and a smile on her lips. They had been married for 10 years and still their love for each other is never ending. I myself witnessed on many occasions how her husband never fails to make her blush or happy. Just like my grandparents. I have always dreamed for that kind of  love. To have one man and cherish him for your whole life. 

"But you know you love him.", my grandma smirked and she laughed, holding Ryan's hand.
"True. Okay, see you guys later. Thanks for the cookies, Lily. Ryan loves them.", She walked out, Ryan following behind her.

He kissed my cheek and walked out. I closed the door and walked towards the kitchen.

Grandpa came home from work and we all had dinner. I kissed them goodnight and made my way towards my room. 

I changed into my pyjamas and flopped on my bed. I thanked God for yet another beautiful day and turned off the lights.

And I was out like a light.