CHAPTER X: TRUTH

Andys Pov:

I was pulling Sophie to the shore with one hand and holding the book with the other. I don't know if she's dead or alive I had to swim us from the cliff. I threw the book and put my head on her chest her heart beats were slowing down barely audible. What am I supposed to do know?

"Sophie? Can you hear me? Sophie? Goddess please help me" I held her hand and tried to shake her up but nothing. I looked around for help but no use it was early in the morning and no one was here. Use the book.

"The book" I took it and placed it on her stomach, putting her palms over it. Why isn't it working. This needs to work. We need her. I need her.

"Please wake up, Sophie" nothing. I felt my tears running down my cheeks. I put my head on her chest and sobbed.

Suddenly she started to shake. I bolted my head up to see what was happening. Her eyes were wide open but they weren't their normal colour. They were glowing and completely white. The marble on the book was also glowing white like Sophie's eyes.

There was sound of a click and the pages were flipping fast like it was windy. Sophie took a sharp breath after the book was closed and the click sound meaning it was locked again. Her eyes went back to normal. I made her sit and hugged her tight. For the first time in my life I didn't know what to do or how to feel. I was so terrified.

"Goddess Sophie. Don't ever do that again. You scared me" she chuckled.

"It's not like I did it on purpose" This girl. It wasn't the time to joke. I glared at her and she mumbled a sorry. I couldn't hold myself. I grabbed her face and kissed her. I felt her soft lips moving in sync with mine. I pulled away gaining a small whimper from her.

"We have to leave love. It's dangerous" I grabbed her arm and help her up. We had to go back to the cabin.

***********************************************************************

Sophies Pov:

Everything was so bright. Where am I? Am I dead? I looked around no one was here.

"My child" the voice startled me.

"Hello? Is someone here?" in front of me there was a silhouette coming my way. As they got closer I could see that it was a woman. She was wearing a white robe and her hair was down. Black hair. She looked familiar.

"We don't have much time my child. I have blessed you. The gods have blessed you. You will do great things. Believe in yourself and the people who surround you and you'll find peace" why she keeps calling me my child. She touched my face and I unconsciously leaned into it. My heart was beating fast, it's like I felt this comfort before. A long time ago. It's a mother's comfort. I closed my eyes and hugged her. I was crying on her shoulder while she caressed my head and shushed me.

"Mother"

"Yes my child?"

"Will I ever see you again?" she backed away and smiled

"Ill always be here, with you" she pointed to my heart

"If you need help close your eyes and seek mine and I'll always give to you. Now go. They need you. We will meet again my child" she kissed my forehead and everything went dark.

I felt a hand over mine. Opening my eyes to see my Andy looking at me with worried eyes. Hehe she missed me.

*************************************************************

I was cuddled to Andy's side while Artemis was sitting on a chair listening to what we had to say.

"You saw her didn't you?" I nodded my head. She had a wide smile on her face.

"Farewell. Tomorrow we'll go to the village for the other women. Now rest." She closed the door and left. I felt a kiss on my forehead and a hand rubbing my shoulder gently. I smiled and buried my face in Andy's neck closing my eyes. I can't wait for tomorrow to arrive already.