(1) Present

The song above is Life On Mars by David Bowie

The song above is Life On Mars by David Bowie. I think this song fits the chapter very well.

Hello! It's finally time! Here is the first, long-awaited chapter of Amber's story. I am so excited about this.

This story is a few chapters ahead on Patreon. If you are eager to read more, click on this link to find out how to read it: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2116

Have you ever woken up and wondered where you were, what time it was, and who you were?

I have.

I woke up from a coma, disorientated, and confused.

The doctors said I had an accident and that I had been asleep for five months. Five months of my life had vanished, just like that.

They said my name was Amber Cartwright. They said I was twenty-one years old. They said I had a twin sister, who was with me during the accident.

She died, they said.

I had no idea who I was. I looked in the mirror at myself and didn't recognize myself. I felt like it was the first time I was seeing myself.

My hair was short, brushing against my shoulders. It was blonde but not healthy looking. There was no shine or shape. It lay flat on the top of my head. My sapphire blue eyes looked dead. Lifeless.

My cheeks were hollow, purple bags were under my eyes and my skin was sickly pale. I looked dead.

I felt dead.

Only one person visited me at the hospital. My Aunt. Her name was Mable and she was my mother's sister.

When she first arrived, I had no idea who she was. Grey hairs poked out of her black hat. She had painted too much blush on her cheeks, making her look unnatural. Her eyes were like mine - empty.

She attempted to smile at me but it came out more like a grimace. I got a waft of her expensive perfume - yet I didn't remember or recognize it.

She sat in the chair next to my bed. Her hand found mine and held onto it for dear life. Tears welled up in her blue eyes.