(5) Present

The song above is Photograph by Ed Sheeran

You can read ahead on Patreon. Use this link to find out more: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 2546

A few days had passed since my old friend knocked on my door

A few days had passed since my old friend knocked on my door. Not much had happened. My Aunt returned to work, after making sure I was okay with it.

Easton visited every day. He would bring a different item each day, hoping something would jog my memory. So far, he hadn't succeeded.

Yesterday, he showed me his photo album that featured several photos of myself and him. In the photos, he was always smiling brightly whilst I looked like I was forcing myself to look happy.

I didn't tell him my thoughts though. I didn't want him to get upset.

Today, he came around with a movie.

Frowning, I watched as he pushed the disk into the DVD player. He collapsed onto the sofa next to me, settling his arm behind me.

My eyes trailed from his hand to his face, trying to decipher what was going through his head.

"What are we watching?" I asked, drifting my eyes to the TV screen.

"Forrest Gump," He answered, eager to watch the film. Realizing I wanted an explanation, he released a sigh. "This is your favourite film. You would always put it on when we had a date night in your flat."

"Oh," I blinked, uncertain with what to say.

The adverts finished and the actual film rolled onto the screen.

Two minutes into the film, I was hooked. I found myself laughing, screaming at the television, and then sobbing my heart out.

Easton comforted me towards the end when I was a blubbering mess. Even though I didn't enjoy his arms around my body, I appreciated his comfort.

I could see why this was my favourite film. It managed to evoke so many emotions in me.

"What did you think of it?" He queried when I began to calm down. I hiccupped and used the tissue he gave me earlier to wipe my eyes.