「 Chapter 13 」

•••●•••

"Through observation, the government has determined that certain abilities when interacting with one another will become imbued with entirely new characteristics, although these cases have proven to be quite rare," Ango halted on his sentence as he lets out a long sigh as his eyes trailed towards his glass, staring at his drink.

"You know I'm not really supposed to be here telling you three this. If they knew what I was doing right now it would cause a lot of problems between me and the brass. I'll have to go underground for the time being"

His words made you chuckle which made him turn to you "That's cute, you think we're or I would let you walk out of here alive?"

"Just like that?" Your brother added as both of you still face forward refusing to look at him as the temperature on the room drops down from yours and Dazai's words.

"You really gonna start a fight here?" Odasaku asks looking at the three of you.

A silent pause filled the air before Ango was the one to spoke up his tone of voice dropping.

"This was a mistake, I was naive to come here. I thought that maybe if we met up like this again things would go back to normal and back to how they were..."

His words made you conflicted, the anger that you held was still there but there were so many more joining it that it made you clench your hand on your glass, almost breaking it.

"Ango" Your brother called out as the said male turn his head to the two of you.

Letting out a sigh, you look at him right in the eye your face void of emotion as your the tone of your voice was cold as ice.

"You need to get out of here before Osamu and I change our minds"

Ango was taken aback by this as he looks at the two of you, even Odasaku was slightly surprise as he stares at you. Ango frowns as you turn your head away not wanting to look at him any longer.

"It's alright, we're not sad, [Y/n] and I knew this would happen from the beginning" Dazai spoke up with a low voice as you stare at your drink with an unreadable expression.

"It wouldn't have mattered what side you were on because anything that we wouldn't want to lose is always lost. This is how it's always been for us, everything worth wanting is lost the moment we obtained it." Dazai said as you lifted up your drink.

"And nothing we pursue is worth the cause of prolonging this life, the suffering..." You said as Odasaku who had been looking at you, his eyes soften but didn't say anything and just look away.

"Listen you three, if there ever comes a time when our sides don't exist anymore when we all become free. I want all of us to come back here---"

"Ango just stop...Don't say anything more." Odasaku cuts off Ango who frowns and places his glass down and slowly stood up from his seat.

Taking something out of his pocket and placing it next to his glass he quietly takes his leave. From the corner of your eye, you saw it was none the picture of the four of you all together.

Although your face was void of emotion, Odasaku could feel his heart tug as he could exactly feel what you were feeling right now.

Without hesitation, he lifted his hand up and guided your head to rest on his shoulder, this took you by surprise as your eyes slightly widened at his actions. But you didn't say anything and just let it be.

' Odasaku...I don't want to lose you... '

You thought as the bad feeling inside you seems to grown, but you tried to ignore it as Odasaku leaned his head on top of yours, and just decided to focus on the warmth you were feeling right now.

•••●•••

"Kousuke loves these though" You said holding up a bag of chocolates in front of the redhead who lets out a sigh.

"Don't you think we grab enough sweets for them?" The redhead said as he motions at the basket he was carrying, where a lot more sweet goodies laid.

You smiled and shook your head as you place the bag of chocolates in "Nope~! Besides the brats deserve to be spoiled once in a while" You said as you skip down the aisle as Odasaku followed behind. 

It was in the middle of the day and the two of you were grocery shopping for the kids. You would try to put some more goodies for the kids but Odasaku would put them back stating that the two of you should get more than just junk foods for them.

After some time going on around, the two of you went to the counter and you paid for it as the two of you headed out with him carrying the paper bag.

"I could have paid for it you know" The redhead said as he looks at you.

Smiling you shake your head as you playfully poke his cheek "I know~ But I did say I'll give them presents which are the goodies though~"

Odasaku lips twitch upwards making you even smile, he then started walking but stops when he didn't hear you follow. Turning to look at you he raises a brow.

"You aren't coming?"

With a sad smile, you approach him and shake your head "Yeah...I still have some things to do"

Odasaku nodded in understanding as he gave you a pat on the head "Alright then see you"

You felt your face lightly heat up and as Odasaku was about to go in the opposite direction you tug his on his arm. 

This made the redhead taken aback as he turns around but got caught up by something soft on his cheek.

This made him freeze in his spot, his eyes widening in realization. You pulled away and smiled at him mischievously as you started to walk away while waving your hand.

"Bye Odasaku~ Tell the brats I said 'Hi'"

Odasaku felt like he fell into a daze as he watches you smile at him before turning away and going to an alley.

A soft smile made its way to his face before he turns in the opposite direction and started to make his way down the streets.

"Sure will [Y/n]"

•••●•••

「 The pain guys...The pain I don't think how much I can handle it.

I'm breaking down from just writing them. 

I hope you guys are doing better than me 」