Prank War [4]

"Oh, and don't forget to ask Caden for my cell phone back. Room 702," Mackenzie reminded me as we were about to go back to our dorms, "And watch out. The first day is the biggest elimination round."

    I nodded and we went our separate ways. I walked down the hallway, and tried to decide where to go. Where would room 702 be?

    "Lost?" a voice asked from behind. I turned around and found Caden walking towards me. He raised an eyebrow and waited for my answer.

    "Actually, I was just looking for you," I answered, giving him an innocent smile.

    "Really?"

    "Really," I repeated. Mackenzie thought I could get her phone back from Caden. Yeah right. Like he would listen to me. What was I even supposed to say?

    "And now you've found me," he said, "What do you need?"

    "I was, uh, wondering if I could borrow Mackenzie's phone," I said the first thing that I could think of.

    "Why?"

    Dang, I wasn't prepared for that.

    "I need to make a call," I said quickly after I hesitated for a second.

    "You don't own a cell phone?" Caden asked.

    "Uh ... no?"

    "Why couldn't you just go to the office? Instead, you tried to find me, which would take a lot longer."

    "Because ..." I quickly glanced around, trying to think of something, "I didn't feel like it."

    I loved that answer.

    "How did you know I have her phone?"

    I opened my mouth to reply back, but couldn't think of anything to say. I closed my mouth.

    "Why do you ask so many questions?" I asked him a few seconds later, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

    Caden looked like he was about to reply, but then decided against it. He motioned for me to follow him.

    We walked down the hallway, and stopped in front of a door marked '702' a few minutes later.

    "Wait here," he told me as he pulled a small key out of his pocket.

    "Why can't I come in?" I asked. Caden didn't reply as he stared at me. I stared back stubbornly. Finally, he sighed.

    "Fine, come in then," he said, "It's not that big of a deal."

    I didn't reply, in case he decided to change his mind. Caden unlocked the door and I followed him inside.

    There were two things I noticed right away. One; his desk was covered with papers and textbooks. Go figure.

    Second; he had a TV and a laptop.

    A TV. And a laptop.

    A TV AND A LAPTOP!

    Yes, I was very intrigued by TVs and laptops.

    I stared at it, and I heard him chuckle.

    "The big one is called a TV, and the small one is a laptop. Fascinating, isn't it?"

    "How come you get a TV and laptop in your room? I thought personal technology device thingie mabobers weren't allowed," I asked, moving towards them.

    "Special privilege, I guess."

    I scowled at him, "One day, you'll wake up and find that they're missing. That's because I stole them."