《Chapter 15: Enemies... or not?》

~ We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason. ~

Blaze's pov:

This evening after school, our dad called and informed us that we have to go to a business party with him. It was an annual party. Since we couldn't bring Hayley there, Dante volunteer to stay with her. Hayley was feeling better now. She does have a bruise on her arm but it wasn't hurting her.

We left our house around 5:30 pm and met dad at the venue. We walked into the hall where the party was held and immediately I noticed a lot of familiar faces. Some of them were from school while some of them were our dad's friend.

"Our table is at the back," Dad told us. We all walked to the table and took a seat. I noticed that there was another table joined to ours.

Maybe for another family...

"This is going to be so boring," Kai commented while looking around.

"Don't jinx it, it better stay boring than turn into a fighting ring," Reggie added.

"Are they serving the drinks yet?" Kai asked ignoring Reggie's comment.

"You just arrived here," Dad pointed out," Beside the party start at 6 pm, everything will be served after 6 pm."

I let my eyes roamed the hall and I noticed Meredith with her friends. She was wearing a tight outfit.

 She was wearing a tight outfit

(Meredith's outfit⬆️)

For some reasons, she was also wearing a tiara thing on her head.

"Dylan and Dex are here," Kai informed me.

I shifted my gaze on them and they were with their parents at their table, talking among themselves. Dylan looked tensed and nervous while Dex was looking around as if he was waiting for someone to show up.

Dex doesn't have the best reputation in this town. He went to jail many times for selling drugs and beating guys to death. He takes the drug and goes out of control.

I looked at the entrance of the hall and I did a double-take. She walked inside the hall and instantly captured every guy's attention. I absent-mindedly roamed my eyes over her body and damn she look good.

The guy in front of the door told them their table's number and both Enzo and she followed their father to the table which was joined to ours. Midway, she looked up and our eyes locked.

Neither of us breaks the eye contact.

She eventually had to look away as Enzo called her.

"Vince," dad stood up to handshake their father.

"Raphael," Vince handshake dad.

"You already met my son Enzo and here is my daughter Haven." Vince introduces her to dad. Dad nodded at her before putting his hand forward. They both handshake.

"Take a seat, it's about to start," Dad told them.

Enzo sat beside me while Haven sat at the end of the table. There was still an empty chair beside her. Dad and Vince were already talking about business.

Haven's pov:

I looked around, trying to find Zoey, Asher or Kyle. They did mention that they would be here too. My eyes landed on Meredith and she was with her puppets. Not gonna lie, her dress was cute but too tight.

"So what's new here?" I heard Enzo asked. I thought that he was talking to me, so I turned toward him. To my surprise, he was talking with Blaze.

"Nothing much, the same boring party like usual." Blaze replied firmly.

"Seems like we are going to the bar right after dinner," Enzo commented making Kai nodded eagerly.

"If it was open, I would already be there," Kai added.

"You guys need to calm down, did you forget what happen the last time." Reggie pointed out.

Last time?

Both guys shrugged at Reggie, who rolled his eyes at them. The way that they were talking to each other makes it look like they usually hang out together but that couldn't be possible, they barely look at each other at school.

What if they do hang out after school though?

"Aren't you guys enemies or something?" I asked aloud, curiously. They all looked at me weirdly.

"No..." Enzo trailed off.

"Well at school you barely hang out with each other," I added.

"Believe it or not but school is the most toxic place. We don't hang out there but we do outside, where no one judges us or make fake rumours about us." Kai explained and all I could think was...

Fuck!

I hope they didn't talk about Hayley to each other. I lie to both of them to hide my secret. If Blaze happens to tell Enzo about me bringing Hailey home from being kidnapped by these guys, Enzo will know that I lie and he will try to find the truth.

"Nice," I murmured leaning in my seat. My eyes suddenly landed on a familiar group on the corner side of the hall.

Thank god.

"I'll be right back," I informed Enzo as I stood up. I didn't wait for him to say anything and walked directly toward them. Kyle was the first one to notice me and he nudges Zoey to look my way.

"I love your dress, you look so pretty." Zoey gasped while reaching to hug me.

" Zoey gasped while reaching to hug me

(Zoey's outfit⬆️)

"Thank you, you look gorgeous too," I said, hugging her back.

"So you can be both an innocent-looking badass and a cute princess, huh?" Asher commented as soon as Zoey and I pulled away.

"If you say so," I shrugged smugly making them chuckled.

"Isn't the fabric of the sleeves itching your bruise though?" Zoey asked concerned.

"Not really, it's soft inside. Beside the bruise is getting better, it's not hurting anymore." I replied.

"One question," Kyle sudden said, "How did you find a fighting club so quickly? I live in this town for 18 years and I still can't tell which club is a fighting club."

"Well, I didn't fight in a club..." I trailed off. They all gave me a questioning look, no doubt they were all curious.

A/N
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah