Chapter 71

"Careful."

Walking slowly with blindfolds on her eyes, Hyejin basically held Jeno's wrist tightly, afraid to slip or fall down. They've been walking like this for five minutes and the girl have no clue ok what's about to happen.

Few steps more and she knew that she'll get dizzy, realizing that being totally blind is really hard. Jeno definitely wasn't helping either for he only kept on telling her to be careful when he is the reason on why she slipped earlier.

"You know, I'm not a kid anymore. You could've just brought me to the place and I'd still be surprised."

"You've got this far already so stop nagging."

The girl sighed and continued her walk, feeling bored and at the same time thrilled for what might come. She then felt Jeno's wrist unclasping from hers making her worried but the hands on her waist kept her calm.

Soon enough, she felt his fingers undoing the blindfold making her more nervous. As the fold was completely untangled, Hyejin opened her eyes, adjusting at the sudden amount of bright light.

"Hi Hyejin!"

A large projected screen flashed on the white wall of a room she does not know about, seeing a woman in her late thirties together with a man and a girl that she predicted as younger than her by a few years.

The face of the woman crept on her head, giving her nausea as tears slowly brimmed in her eyes because of hatred and shock. Jeno knew what was going to happen so he helped her sit down on the floor and gave her a little space so she can think by herself.

"I know that this is sudden but I hope you remember me. My first girl...I miss you."

The woman hugged the man and the girl about her age close to her making Hyejin cry more because of madness yet Jeno stayed silent.

"I know that you wouldn't want to see me. But it's a good thing that found information about you. Though I couldn't talk to you personally...I want you to know that I've always been here. Watching you and your brother grow even though I can't see you at all."-

-"Oh...um... this is Luka, your sister and Elias, my husband. I hope you're happy, dear. I won't ask you for anything; just be happy and stay healthy...I-I love you."

The projected screen turned off and small sniffs from the girl were heard yet Jeno couldn't being himself to talk to her; giving her the space that she needed.

"S-she said it like it was all okay. Like she knew what I've been through yet she knew nothing."- Hyejin mumbled.

-"I witnessed two of my family members die while she had her beautiful life in another country, telling me that she misses me when she never even came back."

Hyejin bawled her fists then scooting closer to Jeno which gave him a cue that she needs comfort. Jeno kissed her forehead and hummed a song that somehow alleviated her heart, preventing her to think more negative thoughts about her mother.

Jeno couldn't help but feel her pain. Loosing a father at a very young age with a mother that left her child to take care of another child only for him to die. It was one of the worst pains out there but Hyejin stayed strong and deep inside he hopes that she would stay strong till the end.