5

When I get to the kitchen, I find dad and papa at the table eating breakfast.

Dad turns his head away from his husband to look in my direction. "Hey kiddo."

I give him a curt wave. "Good morning." I say walking to the fridge. "What's for breakfast?" I ask while getting the pitcher of orange juice.

"Oh, I made pancakes." Papa says grinning. "I made a lot of them because I'm sure you've probably missed my cooking." He smiles at me and I smile back and nod my head in agreement. I have missed his cooking a lot.

"Yeah. I did miss your cooking papa." I tell him walking over to the table that has pancakes in the middle.

I take a tray and three plates and start dishing up. I catch a glance out of the corner of my eyes to see dad and papa looking at me funny.

"What?" I ask.

" well" Papa starts. " you see, I thought we were going to have breakfast together....you know, considering, we haven't eaten together in awhile." He gives me a sheepish grin.

"Oh forget that." Dad says " Why do you have three plates? I thought it's only you and Matt up in your room." He gives me a pointed look.

I sigh. " it was one time" I say exasperated.

Dad lifts his hands up in surrender. "I was only asking. No need to get so diffencive." He says then gives me another pointed look. "Unless you are indeed guilty."

"What? No! No I'm not guil- I mean, I don't have a girl in my room." Geez. The one time you bring your best friend over for a slumber party and your parents walk in on you being in a very compromising position, it automatically makes you guilty of all crimes including girls, that was also the last time Lily ever came to sleep over. "I was- well, uh-you see-" before I could come up with a reasonable lie, I heard Matt's voice coming from the hallway.

"WAIT!" He yelled. "Not in there. The oth-" before he even got to finish his sentence, the Alien prince himself struts in the kitchen and beams at the site of me and practically runs to my side.

"There you are." He says grinning at me. "Tell your brother that it is okey for me to excuse myself from this premises and go looking for the particular spare parts to my vehicle."

I gave him an incredulous look. "What?"

Matt sighs and makes his way over from the doorway to the table and drops in the chair besides papa. "He wants to leave. Tell him he cannot leave." He says irritated.

I turn to Aiden. "You cannot leave." I tell him. His face drops for a sec before it lifts at the site of my parents.

"Greetings gardians of the two juvenile creatures bestowed upon you by fate and that also happen to be friends of mine." Papa looks at him confused and dad just looks amused.

"I'll take it your a friend of Matt." The latter says to Aiden.

"HEY!" Matt says offended. "How come you automatically assume he's my friend. He could be Skyler's."

Dad scoffs. "Matt your friends with Quincy." He says matter of factly.

"So?" Matt scoffs. "Your married to papa."

"Hey, don't put me into your argument." Papa says with an eye roll.

"Quincy collects hair.What's your excuse?" Dad says smugly.

"Ugh. That was one time." Matt says exasperated. "And it was for a project."

I scrunge my nose in confusion. "What type of a school project requires hair?"