CHAPTER THREE

chapter three (iii) : he bites?

once i was in bed i pulled the covers over me laying down, i'd missed this bed and i cant lie i'd slept pretty damn well. i snuggled under the blankets, it felt like i was back to being a little girl again 'this feels so familiar' i thought

as i lay my head down on my pillow I let out a breath of relief, the sheets were soft and smooth and the blankets were as warm and comfortable as ever. it really did feel like the last time i had been there. papa tucked me in like he used to when I was little 'goodnight kiddo, I'm really glad your back home I have missed you a ton' he said sitting on the edge of the bed. 'I'm glad to be back home dad' I told him with a smile on my face. 'well it's getting late now, I think it's time to go to sleep. ill come and check on you later okay?' He asked before adding 'i love you my child, sleep well and don't let the demons bite" he whispers as he kissed my forehead. He always used to say that when he put me to bed and the fact he was still saying it to me at 23 meant a lot to me.

Before he went out the door back to his own room I hoped he could maybe answer one of my questions 'd-dad?' I said hesitantly. I was a little hesitant on asking what I needed to ask but I bit the bullet and went for it 'when I was Swiss and aether earlier they said that I needed to be careful around sodo and when I asked why they gave me a reason and then Swiss followed with 'oh and he bites'..does he really bite?' I asked him hesitantly. 'well, to be quite frank yes, he does bite however he gets very embarrassed about doing it so please try not to bring it up to his attention' he looked away for a moment before his eyes met mine, he looked like he was about to apologize for it but held himself back 'but his bites are very..' he paused for a moment 'intimate, he only bites people he feels strongly for'. 'B-but normally people don't bite other people..it's something you'd hear in a vampire book' I replied confused as to why he's so casual about it.

'his bites are very gentle and not like the ones in vampire books however yes i do understand what you mean' he said looking back towards me 'and he's very good at reading people. he's a quiet observer and when he bites its his way of showing affection to someone' he said his voice was gentle now and didn't have the hint of seriousness anymore. 'But he could just hug them like people normally do to show affection right?' I asked. 'well yes normally people hug however he's a very awkward and strange person..you'll see what i mean in time but for now just try to not let him get to close and he won't bite you' he laughed a little 'and plus he will try to respect your personal space the best he can, he's just a little clingy sometimes'. 'I just don't get why it's so casual to say, you're acting like it's normal' I told him.

'i understand that my child but just don't bring it up too much, he gets embarrassed very easily when people mention biting so please dont make him feel uncomfortable..' he pauses for a moment 'i know it sounds bizarre when i say it this way but trust me it has more meaning when sodo bites you'. 'I wouldn't make him uncomfortable on purpose, that's why I'm not asking him..' I paused before adding 'I-is there something your not telling me dad, your acting all mysterious with the 'you'll see in time to come' and 'but trust me when I says'' I told him. 'well my child' he sighed, taking in a deep breath 'i should be honest with you...sodo is..special' he paused 'and so is the biting' he added. 'Yeah no shit, but why?' I asked. 'he's a little odd is all, when and if he bites you..you wont see any marks..it'll be painless' he sighed 'look dont worry about it rest up, we've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow' he smiled walking off towards my door, flicking off the light as he walked out

He expects me to 'rest up' after being told a 25 year old man bites people..I think my father's going round the bend. I turned over and snuggled down into bed but just couldn't get it out of my head. He really does bite people?..but it's affectionate and apparently normal?..

I eventually put my earphones in and tried to drown out my thoughts with music which actually worked. soon i fell asleep with the warm glow of the moon shining through the curtains and the cold breeze of the night passing me by.

(silhouette pov) :

I stood at the end of her bed looking at her peacefully sleeping, she was beautiful when she was awake but my lord was she beautiful when she slept. As I walked to her side her breathing was slow which indicated that she was calm, I ran my finger over her cheek gently moving a strand of her hair out of her face tucking it behind her ear being careful not to wake her. I started waking over to her desk and once I got there I picked up a piece of paper with poetry on.

Her handwriting was beautiful just like her, the poetry read - 'the dark summons me, voices call my name from below, sorrow rages the lonely heart. I leave a stone, mutter a broken prayer tripping on' I then set it back down sipping the feather pen in ink before writing 'forever haunted by the shadow of your love'. I left it with a kiss on the end and made my way over to the foot of her bed again, she was laying there peacefully I stood by her window watching her with such admiration, her beauty captivated me and her sleeping form left me speechless. my eyes stayed glued to her as i told myself from now on I wrote poetry to her just for her. the moment was soon ruined when the wind blew through the window and rustled the curtain