S I X T E E N

Today My Forest Is Dark

He kissed me.

Damien kissed me.

I was caught half way between giving way to rage or panicking  because we were also under attack.

Damien rushed out of the room, growling to his beta to gather the warriors, but he stopped at the door and turned to face me.

"Do not, under any circumstances, leave the pack house."

"What? No, I'm fighting."

"No, you're not."

I gave way to rage.

"Damien, they are attacking because of me. This is my fight! I will not just hide in the pack house whilst your pack is slaughtered out there! Don't even try to argue! I-"

He cut me off "Fine, i won't argue." And with that he shot out of the door slamming it behind him. I heard the lock click.

"DAMIEN!"

No answer, and i could already hear the sound of battle echoing through the house. I had to do something.

I paced around Damien's office. It was on the second floor, however the garage was just beneath it. I looked out of the window and formed my plan. Looking around the shelves, i found a satisfyingly heavy metal metal photo frame.

I hope Damien's not too fond of this thing I thought, before lobbing at the window and shattering the glass. I doubted anyone had heard it over the sound of the fighting.

Climbing carefully, i squatted so i was balanced on the window ledge. The roof of the garage was only a few feet below me. Making sure nobody was looking, i dropped down.

I landed with a dull thud, and the garage roof creaked it's protest, but i payed no attention. Leaping, into the air, i landed on solid ground on four paws. We crouched low, practically crawling through the long grass, until we were And in a secure spot just inside the trees, and i had a clear view of the battle.

Blake was not here, but his gamma was, standing at the top of the field, surrounded by his warriors, ordering them, but not fighting with them.

Coward my wolf snarled. He was our target.

Turning into the trees, i raced along the edge of the battle field, out sight, but still with a good view of the fight.

I stopped when i was behind the gamma.

He heard me when it was too late.

I leapt from the trees, jaws gaping, aiming for his throat. He rolled on impact, forcing me off him, but my teeth had done their damage. The hole in the back if his neck was where i had ripped out a chunk of flesh. He growled, furious.

We circled each other, each if us wanting the other one to make the first move. Then we both did at once, leaping up and colliding in mid-air.

He landed on top of me and raked his claws down my sides, his teeth ripping into my neck. He grabbed my scruff and threw me into a tree, where i landed with a thud.

I was groggy from blood loss, and struggling to stay awake. Then i saw Damien's pack, fighting for their lives against Blake's pack of ruthless killers. They were losing, they were going tk die, and it was because of me, Damien's pack was only under attack because of me.

They're all going to die.

My wolf spoke up, You're right. They are going to die. But not today.

And that's when my wolf kicked in.

The gamma was bounding towards us. Catching him off guard, i rolled under his out-stretched claws, raking my own claws along his belly as i did so. The rest of the fighting faded away. It was just me and him.

Circling we growled and snapped at each other. I could see he was going to pounce and i was ready. As soon as his paws left the ground, i dodged out of the way, and the gamma landed heavily on his back, his belly and throat exposed.

Ceasing the chance, i pounced on top if him. He thrashed beneath me, but it was in vain. He got a few good hits, but he was tiring quickly. And then, in a matter of seconds, he stilled, and i tasted the metallic taste of his warm blood ooze into my mouth. He was dead.

I howled in triumph, and every wolf on the battle field turned to stare. For the first time, Blake's wolves seemed unsure, but Damien's wolves found a new surge of confidence and power when they saw me standing over the dead Gamma, and leapt back into battle with a new ferocity that even Blake's highly trained fighting males could not fend off.

Blake's wolves fled.

For the next few moments everything was still and quiet. And then suddenly the air was filled with howls of victory and triumph. Family's reunited and the entire joined together in their relief and victory.

However, this relief was short-lived.

I single lone wail made everyone silent.

The crowd slowly parted and there, in the clearing, lay Damien, his fur stained red, blood pooling in the grass around him. He was still. Too still.

The wind ruffled my black fur, and a lone crow circled the sky, probably drawn here by all the blood and death, it's craw-ing shattering the silence that had descended upon all of the wolves.

----------------------------------------------
A/N: So, what do you think? Sorry if it seems a bit short and if the music is slightly too long for the chapter, but this is not the main battle scene of this book!
Blake's Gamma is dead, and Damien is gravely injured, possibly dead! What will Alice do now? Go after Blake herself, or stay and look after Damien?
Who knows?

Anyway, until next chapter

Bye guys,

~Moll_Wolf