Chapter 34

"Uhm, why are we here exactly?"
Valentina asks uncertain as they sneak into the living room of the Cullen's, who are currently out hunting. And since Isabella is out of the castle to buy herself something to eat as well stating the food the cooks make makes her feel sick; in Kyra's opinion just an excuse to get herself in the spotlight once again.

"They got the best stereos."
Kyra shrugs while letting her phone connect to them.

"And why do we need stereos again?"
the brunette questions her new friend.

"Because we are going to learn the beauty and the beast dance."
the ginger replies as her eyes are flying over the playlist before stopping at time as old as time.

Valentina is still confused as to why they are learning this dance and why she has to learn it with Kyra but she won't complain either. The two of them watch the scene in the movie and a tutorial on YouTube before they start to dance as well. Slowly and really, really, really inelegantly as they run into each other more times than necessary, which would either end in a fist of giggles or a few complains muttered under their breath before they'd lock eyes and start laughing. But at least they are having fun. It takes them three whole hours until they finally manage to dance through the song without tripping over their feet or without dancing left instead of right.

A cough interrupts them as they are just going through it one last time. Widening their eyes, Valentina lets out a scared scream while twirling around to come face to face with a few unknown people.

"Holy motherfuckers. Don't scare me like that."
she curses out while her hand flies to the place where her gift is currently forcing her undead heart to speed up immensely. With a few deep breath and air fanned towards her face by her hands, Valentina slowly calms down again while Kyra watches her amused; forcing herself to not start laughing out loud. This shit looks fucking hilarious.

"Apologies, Carlisle. We had to burrow your stereos for a while."
Kyra smiles sheepishly at the coven leader, who simply smiles at them; none of them noticing Edward staring at Valentina in pure and utter shock. Though, the brunette is quite busy letting her hair loose once again after putting it in a pony tail before they started to dance.

"That's quite alright, dear."
Carlisle replies kindly as Valentina finally looks up as well. Her bright blue eyes meet theirs and she stops in her movements for barely a minute after falling onto Edward before they swipe over Isabella, who is standing in front of him.

"She's human."
Bella spits out; her eyes flying over Valentina in disgust.

"Am I?"
said girl asks amused.

"Well, obviously. Vampires are supposed to be beautiful and you are just... not."
Isabella makes an even more disgusted face as she crosses her arms like she's right.

Though, before either one of them can comment anything about this, a deep growl escapes Edward lips as he isn't able to hold it back in time. His usual golden eyes darkened to a nearly black colour and his stiff body tenses up more than before.
Isabella flinches away from him as she turns around in a rush; her eyes widening in shock upon the sight in front of her.

But she isn't the only one surprised by Edward's sudden action; the rest of his family is staring at him in pure confusion as well. Besides Jasper, who is still trying to figure out his brother's emotions.

Kyra is frowning while looking back and forth between Edward and Valentina until her eyes finally widen a second later. Oh shit! Staring at Valentina for some sort of confirmation, she bites her lip as some sort of way to keep herself from grinning as soon as her friend nods at her.

"Edward?"
Bella whimpers out just for him to growl at her once again.

"Edward, come on. Stop. Please."
Isabella begs; her fear growing with every passing second.

"Edward."
Carlisle now means as well; his voice holding a quite hight amount of authority and yet his son doesn't seem to budge.

"Don't you ever call her ugly again."
Edward finally growls out after a lot more passing moments of him balling his fist together and his eyes turning now completely black. It's like the scene is playing in his head on repeat.

"But... I..."
Isabella stutters only to be interrupted by another growl.

"Edward."
Jasper finally decides to step in as he goes to lay a hand on his brother's shoulder; calming him with the help of his gift.

"Are you alright?"
he asks as Edward's eyes slowly take on their golden colour again.

Valentina is watching the scene in front of her carefully; not really knowing what to think about all of this. she doesn't want some leftover as a mate but on the other hand she isn't really able to say no either, is she? It would kill her; it would kill both of them.

Stepping closer to Kyra, she lets her head rest against the gingers shoulder; her mind slowly but surely getting overwhelmed with all of this. she can't believe her mate is someone, who was still head over heels for some human girl not even half a year ago. He was so in love with her that he considered killing himself and now she is supposed to compare to that. how could she? How could she ever compare to someone, who managed to catch his attention the second they met? How could she ever be a better then someone like Isabella? Someone, who, according to Kyra, has always been one to be liked by boys; someone, who did never have any trouble finding friends; someone, who managed to manipulate her way into a family of vampires?

Kyra frowns worriedly as she looks down at Valentina before glancing back at the Cullens.

"Well, as fun as this was, we have to get going."
she means while wrapping an arm around her friend as she goes to brush past them; glaring at Edward as he goes to say something.

"Dinner and all."
Kyra adds with a wink in her cousin's direction; loving the way her nose scrunches up in disgust and judgment.

"Oh and part of the guard is training tomorrow. You guys are welcome to join."
she invites them; though, her eyes are clearly looking at Jasper and Emmett.

Jasper grins a half sided smirk at her as he nods in agreement while Emmett beams at her; probably imagining himself beating Felix.

"Great. Nine o'clock. I'm sure Carlisle still knows the way."
Kyra comments before quickly closing the door behind them; turning around to catch Valentina as soon as she threatens to faint. Something she is able to do thanks to her gift.

Carefully picking her up bridle style, Kyra speeds them towards the brunette's room to lay her on her bed; stroking a strand of hair out of her face before placing a kiss to Valentina's forehead.

"Come one, get some sleep."
the ginger whispers as Valentina already drifts off; her mind glad to shut down after all those emotions and cogitations.