Chapter 43

Kyra doesn't think she will ever get the image of Caius dancing Gangnam style in jeans skirt that was way too tight and a spaghetti straps he had to borrow of her. And she most certainly will never let him forget it and neither will Aro, who did his best to hold his laughs in as he recorded.

But she is quite pissed at him for making her shirt go baggy and ripping her skirt, she actually liked those clothing.

Sighing boredly from her place in the throne room, Kyra impatiently waits for her shift to be over.

"Could you finally stop your incessant sighing and moaning."
Caius snaps at her, earning himself an eye roll.

It's not Kyra's best day. In fact it couldn't have started worse, with a ridiculous fight with Demetri, who – all of a sudden – had to go on a smaller mission but was neither able to tell her where to or why or how long and just avoided the questions with excuses. And, as if that wasn't bad enough, everyone has been acting weird around her; Felix has been sending smirks at her, Aro seems to be grinning at her the whole time, Marcus is watching her with curiosity and something she isn't able to place, Alec is more childish than usual and Edward as well as Valentina did their best to stay out of her way.

"Could you finally stop your incessant being?"
Kyra tells him with a sarcastic smile that turns into a sweet, innocent one the moment he turns to glare at her.

Glancing at her watch another time, she grins happily as she realises she is allowed to – finally – leave the throne room and sends a small three-finger-wave towards the kings with a dramatic bow before turning to leave.

"Ey, Kyra."
Felix runs after her.

"What do you want?"
Kyra asks him, turning towards him, so she is now walking backwards.

"Wanna go hunting?"
he offers her.

"Give me a second to change."
she agrees and Felix waits in front of her room while she changes into a sweatpants and a loos shirt, her hair thrown into a high messy bun.

"How's it going?"
Felix decides to question as they make their way out of Volterra.

"Uhm, alright, I guess?"
Kyra answers.

"Why? Something wrong?"
she adds.

"No, why would you ask that?"
he frowns down at her.

"I don't know? Since when do you care how it's going?"
Kyra retorts.

"Fair point."
Felix shrugs and starts to speed away; Kyra hot on his tail.

"Where are we even going?"
she asks after noticing this isn't the way to where they usually hunt.

"Uhm..."
he looks at her like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Surprise."
Felis eventually shrugs.

"Surprise?"
she repeats with a raised brow.

"Yep, surprise. Which is also why you'll need this from now on."
he tells her and pulls a blindfold out of his pocket.

"I'm not going to wear a blindfold."
Kyra shakes her head with crossed arms.

"Yeah, now you do."
Felix states simply, stopping in front of her.

"I even promise not to let you run into a tree."
he jokingly adds.

"I really don't like the absence of light."
Kyra means.

"Aww. Is little miss bitchy afraid of the dark?"
Felix teases.

"I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of what the dark may hold hidden from one's eyes."
she tries to defend herself.

"Of what the dark may hide? Darling, we're vampires. We are the dark's secret."
he huffs out.

"Do not make fun of me."
Kyra's eyes narrow.

"But you are right. We are supposed to live in the dark but what if there are other things that hide themselves from us?"
she questions.

"Well, I'm sure they aren't hidden below a simple blindfold."
Felix shrugs as he changes the subject again.

"Why do I even need it? I thought we are going hunting."
Kyra sighs.

"Please."
he breaths out.

"If something is going to..."
she goes to threat.

"Nothing is going to happen."
Felix promises once again.

Nodding, Kyra turns around and lets him put the fabric over her head; her hand reaches up to hold it in place as he knots it not all that carefully.

"Jump up."
he tells her and Kyra puts her hands on hi shoulder before jumping on his back.

It's a really weird feeling, doing though while practically blind. But at least she knows she can trust Felix to not let her fall or do anything else.

Her hands fist his shirt tightly as he speeds off; that was unexpected. And she was able to feel the wind in her face a lot more than when she runs herself; probably something to do with the thing that your other senses heighten once one is weaken.

Laying her head against his shoulder, Kyra listens as the faint sound of waves and the salty smell of the beach reaches her eyes. Wait, beach?

"Where are we?"
she asks him sceptically.

"Just one more second."
Felix tells her before stopping another few steps later.

Letting her slide to the ground, he holds her for a second later to see whether she'd fall over before exchanging a look with Demetri, who nods at him to quietly get lost. Taking his place, Demetri leads her closer towards the edge of the cliff and stares down at the Tyrrhenian Sea before taking a deep breath.

Shit.

This is harder than expected.

"Can I take it off now?"
Kyra questions, starting to get irritated with the

Taking in her appearance, a smile makes its way on her face and he can't help himself but lean in to press a soft kiss to her forehead.

Kyra flinches out of surprise but relaxes as soon as she recognises those lips. Demetri? The only question is what he is doing here? isn't he supposed to be on a mission?

And where the hell is Felix?

"Take it off."
Demetri tells her a moment later and Kyra slowly reaches up to undo the knot, her body freezing the moment she sees Demetri kneeling in front of her; a ring box in his hands.

"Marry me?"