ch. 6 | little prodigy

2:00 PM

coach suzaku smirked while watching ushijima and hiko "destroy" the opposite team.

they had been playing for about an hour now. it was kageyama, heiwajima, ushiwaka, and wakahiko on one team, against the others.

suzaku had never seen such a powerful five year old. in fact, he didn't even think something like this was physically possible. he was already planning out wakahiko's future. a kid that talented will definitely go to the top.

he had snapped out of his thoughts when he realized ushijima's side won four straight sets.

2:35 PM

they had finally finished playing when hiko got really tired, making romero carry him to the bleachers.

they obviously weren't trying to play too harsh on hiko, but all of them had still gotten exhausted.

hiko then drank a ton of cold water and sat down next to ushiwaka, resting his head on his muscular arm.

normally, ushijima wouldn't let anyone do this because he would feel uncomfortable. however, with wakahiko he felt slight delight.

"hey, little prodigy." hirugami called out to hiko.

'little prodigy' was now their nickname for him. it was crazy to wakahiko how everything changed so suddenly.

wakahiko let out a tired "hm".

"what's your name? I just realized we've never gotten a proper introduction from you." hirugami asked as he sat down on the left side of hiko.

suddenly, hiko sat up straight and gave his signature toothless smile. it was like he was never even tired.

"OH! my name is wakahiko l/n!" he exclaimed.

poor kageyama had choked on his water, yet again.

kageyama was the only one on the team who had known you, other than ushijima. it wasn't surprising though, considering you were recognized all around miyagi when you had lived there.

you would sometimes be spotted in sports magazines with ushijima. you two were known as the "power couple" and people swore you were soulmates.

it had finally hit ushijima. however, instead of freezing up like kageyama, he was grinning.

hoshiumi noticed ushijima's grin and flinched.

he's my son. there's no other explanation. the little prodigy is my child. my child with y/n. it all makes sense now.

it was in that moment that ushijima swore to himself that he would teach wakahiko how to get to the top, be the number one ace of japan.

he also promised himself to find a way to be in wakahiko's life, unlike how he had grown up, with a father constantly going overseas.

his thoughts got cut off as he heard wakahiko laughing really hard right next to him.

"why're you smiling like that?" he said in between giggles.

ushijima decided to mess with him, and immediately frowned on purpose.

"OH- IM SORRY USHIWAKA!" he quickly got up and bowed in an ninety-degree angle.

ushijima ruffled hiko's hair. "your mother might be worried. you should head home."

wakahiko nodded, and then smiled thinking of an idea. "OKAY! BUT, tomorrow i have a practice match against another camp! can you PLEASEE come watch me win!"

after a few seconds of thinking, he nodded and mentally smiled "deal."

wakahiko threw a punch of victory in the air, before hugging ushijimas arm and jumping up, waving bye to everyone.

he then ran back to his bike and rode back to your shop.

"the amount of stamina your child has." sokolov, their middle blocker joked as the rest of the team snickered.

little did they know, that actually is ushijima's child.

<<extra>>

"hikooo, why're you so sweaty!? you stinky little boy!" you joked as you ran to his bathroom and turned on the shower, making him go inside.

on your way back to the living room, your phone had rung on the couch. you ran and jumped onto it, looking at the contact of the caller.

no caller ID. weird.

you decided to pick up.

"hello?"

"..."

"HELLOOOO"

"..."

"ARE YOU GONNA TALK?!"

"..."

you were about to hang up until you heard noises in the back, it sounded like volleyballs hitting the ground and shoes squeaking.

"ush-"

you heard someone in the back yell something out, before they got cut off from the call ending.

the noises of the volleyballs brought you back memories of when you would help shiratorizawa's team.

"MOMMYYY! IM DONEE!"

your thoughts were cut off as you got up and ran back to wakahiko's room, smiling and putting his frog towel over him.

if a chapter is ever bad pls lmk and ill rewrite it !

hope u guys had a safe new years 💓

comment & vote