ch. 7 | regretting it all

12:00 PM

you hurriedly drove to wakahiko's camp.

you had already dropped him off in the morning, but he had a practice match with another camp and you promised yourself you wouldn't miss it.

the last time that you had accidentally missed one of his games, he wouldn't let you have access to the tv for a week. you never knew paw patrol was capable enough to give such horrid headaches.

when you finished parking, you grabbed your phone and your poster for wakahiko.

you were his biggest fan after all, so you made him a poster the other day. he even designed it himself, leaving it with smiley faces and frogs all over. it was the only thing he knew how to draw.

you practically jogged inside, smiling when you saw wakahiko.

"MAMAA!"

you pulled him into a tight hug, before letting him go warm up with his team.

as you were sitting down on the bleachers, you couldn't help but notice all the older moms staring at you. they would always whisper to each other about you in the most noticeable way. they envied you.

you rolled your eyes and switched your focus back onto the court, awaiting for the game to start.

1:00 PM

your mouth fell agape as you had just witnessed wakahiko's serve, which won the last set.

where did he learn something like that?! it was almost like... toshis..

nevertheless, you jumped up and cheered as hiko did a fist pump into the air and then high-fived all his shorter teammates.

as you sat back down waiting for the teams to say goodbye to each other, you didn't notice that all the moms were gawking at the doorways of the gym. there stood a six-foot-three wing spiker, who was in fact staring at you.

yes, ushijima had come to watch hiko's game but he couldn't take his eyes off of you.

everyone thought you were beautiful back in miyagi, however, more beauty radiated off of you now.

gorgeous. that's what ushijima thought of when he looked at you.

you didn't know this, but after you had left miyagi, ushijima realized how much of a mistake he made by leaving you.

he eventually let all his anger out during his volleyball finals, when he went against karasuno high. the worst pain that he has ever experienced was when you weren't there to comfort him or cheer him on.

yes, ushijima was a softie for you. and yes, he did regret leaving you.

he watched as you cheered for wakahiko, missing when you would do that for him.

he had snapped out of his thoughts when he saw that wakahiko's team was dismissed. as he was walking towards hiko, he didn't notice you were too.

until he felt you accidentally walk into him.

sorry for not updating in a while schools so stressful omfgg

idk how i feel about this chapter 😩

dont forget to drink water, ily💓

comment & vote