Gifted

"Hinata!," Tenten yelled and jumped at her when she walked through the school's front door, "You're alive!"
"Yeah," she giggled, but her happiness faded as a snooty Sakura scoffed and stuck her nose in the air before walking out of view, "Thanks for welcoming me back."
"No problem," Tenten looped her arm through Hinata's and led her to her shoe cubbie, "Now I need to catch you up on the 4-1-1."
"What's been going on?," she reached out with her free hand and opened the locker door.
"Well, first off, Sasuke's suspension ended two days ago, but he's still not back. Not even Sakura or Ino has seen him."
"Strange," Hinata kept her eyes on Ino who was flirting with some of the older students, "Hey I'll be right be back okay?"
"Okay! I'll see you in homeroom," Tenten smiled then ran over to Kiba and the rest as they moved deeper into the building.
Hinata slipped her other shoes on and then closed her locker door, before snaking up to stand behind Yamanaka.
"Hey Ino," she slung her arm over the blonde's shoulders, "How've ya been? I've been healing up real nice."
"I'm fine," she turned her head to see Hyuuga, but her eyes shifted back to the group of boys standing in front of them every few seconds.
"Good," Hinata smiled, "Ya know, Naruto's still a little pissed off, so let's make a deal," she smirked, "You have info I need and I have the guarentee of protection from a black eye and bloody nose."
"What do you want?," she panicked and the group of males left immediately after the mention of Uzumaki.
"Where's Sasuke?"
"Kill me. I'm not ratting him out," she crossed her arms, "He and I are on good terms now and they may get better with time."
"Maybe," Hinata removed her apendage from the girl's body, "But one strike is all it take to damage that pretty face of yours, Ino," Hinata circled around her.
"It'll heal," she pouted.
"Scars never go away," Hinata leaned in close to her ear, "I'll give you some time to think it over," just then the bell rang and Hyuuga broke away to follow the rest of the students down the hall to her classroom.

She sat in her seat from before her accident and was greeted warmly by Shikamaru and Choji, Tenten hugged her and claiming to never let go. That is, until Kakashi walked in.
"Tenten please let go of her. She just got back and I don't want to send her away again," he sighed as she scurried back to her seat, "It wouldn't look good on me."
"Is that all you care about?," Hinata smirked and crossed her legs, fully aware of his answer.
"Let's just say, if I ever needed or wanted another job, letting a sixteen year old bleed out in my classroom is not something people look for in a résumé."
"Right," Hinata nodded and glanced at Naruto, who was half asleep already.
He told her he wasn't getting a lot of sleep lately, not since the night she stayed over.
"Now," Kakashi caught her attention again, "Let's continue with the lesson. Mr. Uzumaki."
"Yeah," Naruto sprang back to life. He looked to math equation on the board, "37."
Kakashi turned and looked at it himself, "Correct, but not what the subject was. Maybe you shouldn't stay out at the ramen shop so late next time, hm?"
"Yes sensei," he nodded and leaned back in seat, only concerning Hinata more.

Lunch time came and Naruto left the room without her. She followed him up to the roof. Except he didn't notice her. He was lost in his objective.
She waited for him to get through the door at the top of the stairs before following, looking behind herself for some reason.
She watched through the small window as he disappeared from view. Then Hyuuga waited for a couple minutes before opening the door and going outside.
By now, she was totally confused as to why he came up here, but conversation struck her ears and stopped her feet from moving.
"You told me she wouldn't come back for a while," a deep male's voice sounded.
"She healed," Naruto, definitely, and he was talking about her.
"Did she tell her father?," again the deep vocal cords sounded familiar.
"She hates her dad from what I understand. It's her you have to worry about," Naruto yawned.
"Naruto," the way he said that, "You are such a dobe."
Sasuke. The only person with the nerve to be such an asshole.
Hinata stepped up from around the corner to see the two. Uchiha had his back to the fence, looking to the ground.
Naruto had his fingers in the diamonds the chainmail fence created, looking out at the city. He was wearing his uniform, obviously, although Sasuke wasn't.
"Naruto?," she called out to him, grabbing both of them from their thoughts.
"Hinata what're you-"
"Me? What about you? Why are talking about me, to him none the less?!," she pointed to the dark haired kid.
"Hinata-," again Uzumaki was interrupted.
"Why else would he be here? He doesn't love you. He loves your money and your body. You gave it to him, easily. Even Ino wasn't that quick to jump," Sasuke smirked, "But I heard the sex was great."
"Shut up. I hate you!," she screamed.
"Hate me all you want," Uchiha approached her, circling her figure, "But I still have stories and facts...possibly more, but who knows?"
"Naruto," she looked to the blonde, "Why?"
He didn't look at her, he couldn't, "Sakura. He told me he'd give her to me."
"And you trusted him?!," she moved away from the other, towards the one she fell in love with.
"Don't come near me," he faced her finally, with words that broke her heart, "I don't like you....at all."
Hinata collapsed to the concrete below her feet, holding her head. Sasuke crouched beside her, "Wake up."
"What?," she turned to see his dead eyes.
"Wake up, Hinata. Realize it's over. No one loves you," Uchiha smirked.
"Wake up Hinata," Naruto said the same thing only with a sad, distant ping to his voice, "Just wake up."