When Two Bridges Meet

"You'll still treat me normal," Hinata threw a miniature basketball up in the air and caught it, "Won't you?"
"Of course," he turned his head to look at her as they lay side-by-side on his bed, "You are normal, just with benefits."
She laughed, "That's a funny way to put it, but I like it," she kept repeating the pattern with the ball, throw and catch.
"But I have a question," he sat up.
"Shoot," she sat up as well.
"If you can read my mind-"
"Which I prefer not to," she threw the basketball at the hoop hanging on the back of his door.
"Right, but since you can, did you always know what I was thinking?"
"Every second," she looked back at him and smiled.
"So you knew how I felt even before I told you?," he raised his eyebrows.
"No," she shook her head, "Like I said, I hate using it so I don't. I only use it with you when I'm bored of listening to the outside world. You're my escape."
"I'm glad to be," he grabbed her hand and smiled, "lets me know I'm doin' something right."
"You've done a lot of things right," she rolled her eyes, "You just put yourself down and listen to outsiders. The only voice that matters is yours," Hinata moved to sit on his lap, one leg on each side of him, "Just listen to your voice and you'll be okay," she locked her other hand with his and leaned down to slightly kiss him.
"Why did you listen to Sasuke?," he scrunched up his nose, "Is it because he's like you?"
She thought for a minute. She could have easily left and not listened to him, "I don't know. Maybe he said something that caught me in a trap. Or did something."
"So do you think of him as an outsider?"
"What do you have against him?," she laughed.
"His brother's friend killed my best friend," Naruto looked up at her, rage ruining his blue eyes.
She let go of his hands and cupped his face, "I'm sorry," she kissed his forehead, "Sasuke's just a 'known', someone who's existence I acknowledge when I want something," she smiled sweetly down at him.
He put his hands on her sides and craned his neck to kiss her, pulling her body closer to his as she pushed into his embrace.
Her hands fell to his shoulders and she pushed herself into him. For some reason she started thinking she never wanted this kiss to end. Maybe it was the conversation before that added on a little more of the bridge that would connect them when completed.
That's what this was, between them was a gap and everything they learned about each other made the gap smaller and their two bridges would gain another section. When they met in the middle, they would have no secrets, back stories, or misplaced feelings; everything Naruto and Hinata was would be one.
Suddenly she was thrown to her back, the kiss never broken. Naruto pinned her arms down and trapped her body underneath his. It was clear he didn't want to stop.
She arched her back slightly, letting her chest come in contact with his. He moved her arm so that he could hold both of her wrists in one hand and let his other slide under her back, pulling her heart closer to his.

Uchiha had been keeping a close eye on her. He almost completely ignored Sakura and Ino, leaving them angry at Hinata. They'd confronted her about it.
Saying, "Sasuke doesn't need a weird person like you in his life."
She responded with, "You're right. He needs someone that has one. Which, by standing here, you two obviously don't have. Maybe you should become lesbians," she walked pass them, "You know, to spice things up."
They didn't know about him. If they knew he turned in to a diseased bird, they would probably stay away.
After her suggestion, Yamanaka and Haruno, distanced themselves from each other, ever so slightly. The gap varied from day to day, but Hinata hand them under her command. One false word and they were the laughing stock of the school and the castaways of Sasuke Uchiha.
Of course, Naruto kept her under control and she shared her power with him. He kept her 'gift' a secret and his enemy's as well.
Hinata started to basically live with him, spending every second that she could in his room, talking with him and building their bridges.
Neji was always waiting for her every night, but her father worked even later. Hanabi had a friend over most of the time or was out raiding the nearest stores.
Even if he yelled at her when she came home, Hinata appreciated Neji more than she used to. The time apart made her miss him. Only him, he was always the nicest to her. Even when she was difficult, he stuck with her.
She came home one night, a week before the school year was supossed to end, she was met with silence instead of Neji. It was odd, but maybe he'd gone to bed before two in the morning.
She headed up the stairs in front of her and down to her room. It seemed wrong to call it hers. She was barely ever here so it was just a room.
Hinata dragged herself over to her bed and collapsed on the matress, letting her fluffy blanket engulf her.
Then she felt a chill run up her spine and there was a tapping noise on her window. She got up, walked over and saw nothing, but the sounds continued. Her head turned to the balcony doors. Cautiously, she made her way across the floor. Hinata pulled the curtains back and didn't see anything at first, but in a couple seconds, Sasuke started to form.
He must've been a crow on the ground or something.
He tapped on the glass one last time as a human.
She opened the door, drawn by his aura. Stepping outside, she distanced herself from him.
"We need to leave," he flatly said.
"Leave? We?," she reached over and closed the door, "Why?"
"Because it's time," he pointed to the sky.
"Time for what?," she raised an eyebrow, "Why should I go anywhere with you?"
"It's time for us to leave our supports. Didn't you ever research your condition?"
"No."
"When we come of age, we leave. As of tomorrow both of us are of age. I got the legion to agree to let me stay with you as a guide. I'm guiding you away."
"It's two a.m., I'm tired, and I'm not falling for this bullshit," she headed back inside.
"Hyuuga," he followed her, "It's what's right," he caught her wrist, "The legion will order our heads on a plate if we don't go."
"What is the legion?!," she ripped her arm from his grasp, "I don't understand any of this!"
"The legion is a group of gifted. We protect each other from those who wish to harm us. Also, we do whatever it takes to become more powerful, in hopes of someday repopulating our race," he stared coldly into her white eyes.
"You're serious," she read his mind and saw faces, textbook pages, websites, and a blood contract, "So if I don't go they'll kill me?"
"Yes," he nodded.
"How long do I have?"
"Two days," Uchiha blurted.
She frowned, "What about Naruto?"
"You have to leave him," Sasuke moved towards the balcony doors.
"But I don't want to," she stomped forward a step, "I love him."
"An old saying says to let loved things be free," he stepped outside to the concrete landing, "I would end it before someone gets hurt, but that's coming from his old friend."
"Old?," she questioned and he turned to a crow then flew away.

She was distracted by what he said. Now she had one day to break up with Naruto, say goodbye to her friends, leave home and start a new life.
During lunch she kept staring at the blonde she came to love. He was talking to Shikamaru about people who would win in a fight so he wasn't paying her any attention or asking her to stop. She smirked as he started debating with the genious.
"Naruto," a deep voice came from behind her, Sasuke.
"What?," he looked up at the figure behind her.
"I believe Hinata has something to tell you," he tried to hurry her along.
"Stop," she turned around, "I want to do this my way."
"Your way better be fast," he looked down at her.
"It is," she looked to Kiba who sat beside her, "I'll be right back," she stood up and brought Uchiha with her when she left the cafeteria.
"We don't have a lot of time," he complained.
"I know. I need you to meet me later tonight at my house. We'll leave then."
"So you're not gonna break all of this off? You're going to just pack up and go?"
"I have to. It's the only way I can go. I can't bring myself to harm them," she leaned against the wall, "I'll just leave a note for Neji and never come back. Hopefully Naruto will move on."

The last bell rang and Hinata left before anyone else. She left all of her friends in the room and went to her shoe cubbie as quickly as possible. Immediately after changing her shoes she ran outside and towards her real home.

At eight, Uchiha showed up as a bird and waited for her on the balcony as she packed her clothes. At eight thirty she was ready. She wrote Neji a note, left it on her bed, grabbed her Ipod and led Sasuke through her house to the front door.
She stepped outside and trotted down the stairs with him close behind. She looked up and found Naruto standing a few feet away from her.
"Hinata....why....why is he here?," Naruto stepped forward.
She flinched and jumped back, "Naruto. I asked him to come."
"Why?"
"We don't have time for this!," Uchiha snapped, "Akio will be here any second!"
"Who's Akio?," Naruto charged at Sasuke, but Hinata glided over to protect him.
"Stop! I'm sorry!," she looked up from the ground, "I can't....we can't be together....anymore," she tried to hold back her tears.
Uzumaki stopped and closed the gap between himself and her, "What's going on?," he placed a hand on her cheek, "Why?"
"It's just....something you need to forget. You need to forget me," she stared at him.
"Correct," a different voice, one neither of them knew, sounded from beside them, "Come children."
Hinata watched Sasuke walk over to the tall man, "I have to go," she whispered to Naruto.
"No," he pleaded, "Where are you going?"
"I don't know," she looked back to him and tears fell down her cheeks, "I just have to go."
She broke away from him and moved towards the other gifted.
Naruto caught her and pulled her to him. He smashed their lips together and wrapped her up in his arms, trapping her.
She brought her hand to his face and lightly clawed at his cheek.
She felt a hand touch her back and immediately understood what power Akio had. Hinata broke the kiss and whispered, "I love you Naruto Uzumaki," before she was teleported away from him.

-Six Years Later-
Uzumaki was out, on his way to the noodle shop the old man gave him two years ago. He was the owner and cook and Ayame still worked there, so he was never lonely.
Anyway, he was standing at the crosswalk, waiting for the light to change. For a brief second he thought he saw her, but for a minute he was positive it was Hinata.
She looked different. Her hair was longer, her eyes more silver than white, and she was wearing a long black cloak, covered in red clouds.
That Akio guy from forever ago appeared beside her. A truck moved in front of him and when it had passed, both of them were gone.
She was still alive, but all the reports claimed her dead. He knew, that set him at ease, now he was determined to move on. Like her note asked of him. The light changed and the crowd of people moved across the street.

"He saw you," Akio removed his cloak and hung it on the back of his chair.
"It'll be okay. He didn't seem to care," Hinata sat down across the table from him.
"You're sure-"
"Positive," she quickly replied, "He thought about moving on like I wanted. We're okay."
Akio gave her a skeptical look then brushed it off as the waiter came over to their table.