Chapter Seven

Once they got to the warehouse, Dean parked the car in a hurry. They sprinted in, and Dean slammed open door after door, screaming for Castiel.

Sam and Jack ran behind him, doing the same thing. Sam's voice felt raw after even a few doors.

Jack didn't care. He was filled with rage, which half scared him and half didn't care.

Eventually Dean heard the sound of two people arguing. He ran full speed, blind with rage.

The hunter carefully opened the last battered green door, prepared for the worst. Two angels looked at him, and for a second he didn't see Cas. He couldn't see Cas.

Sam and Jack followed him into the room, and the three of them battled against the angry beings in suits. Dean went towards the farthest angel. He was young looking, and his vessel was unharmed. Dean thought of the man he was about to kill, but he stopped himself. Cas was all that mattered.

Jack swiftly killed the first, and then moved onto the other. Dean abandoned this angel, and turned toward Cas.

Cas was suspended almost fully. Dean couldn't process what he was looking at. The angel was covered head to toe in blood and other substances. His vessel was pulsing with grace.

Castiel had once told Dean about vessels pulsing. It symbolized mortal pain and injury, and helped call for angels like Ephraim, who kill their kind painlessly.

He hoped with everything he had that Jack could save him.

He heard Jack and Sam kill the remaining angel, but paid no attention to it.

Deans eyes watered and he wrestled a knife out of his jeans, cutting the ropes suspending him with ease.

"It's ok Cas, I got you, I got you." He caught him under the arms. This position allowed for Dean to look at Castiel's back, which looked as if hell hounds had been set on it.

Dean looked at Sam tearfully. "Shit, this is bad."

Seeing Cas in this state, Sam's breath got knocked out of him. He had never seen Castiel in this state.

Suppressing his emotions, Sam grabbed one of Castiel's arms from Dean and helped carry him.

"We're getting out of here."

Jack trailed close behind.  If anything happened, he would immediately dissolve it.

Dean and Sam placed Castiel into the back of the Impala. Jack climbed in the back as well, and healed the angel as they made their way to the motel room.