Kabanata 9

Kabanata 9

Girlfriend

Sisilip-silip si Alas sa restaurant kung saan naroon daw si Trish. We're still here inside his car and I can't keep myself from frowning because of our stupid situation.

Just so you know, you agreed with this deal, Ania.

Magkakrus ang mga braso, tiningnan ko siya at patuloy pa rin siya sa pagsilip sa bintana sa tabi ko. Halos kaunti na lang ay magkadikit na ang mga mukha namin pero hindi niya napapansin iyon dahil sa sobrang seryoso niya sa pagmamanman.

"Why can't we just go down and see if they're really there!" I hissed.

"We will."

My eyes rolled up. "Ang sabihin mo, hindi mo lang sila kaya makitang magkasama."

Sinamaan niya ako ng tingin, tinaasan ko naman siya ng kilay. Bumalik siya sa upuan niya at busangot.

"Bakit ikaw, kaya mo bang makita si Kris kasama ang ibang babae?"

"Ha! I've already seen him with another woman, remember? And they're damn fucking each other!"

"What did you do?"

"Slapped the bitch with my Balenciaga on her face."

He laughed. "That hurts!"

"You don't mess with me and get away with it."

Still laughing, Alas leaned on his seat and looked ahead. The smile on his face instantly vanished and was replaced by sadness.

"I can't do that. I can't punch that asshole in his face no matter how much I wanted to. Trish would think that I'm still head over heels in love with her."

Inaalis ko ang tingin sa kaniya at itinuon ito sa harapan.

"That's the truth anyway. Better say it."

"I don't want to beg for her love again. The last time I did it, I lost my damn ego. This is my final card, Zeph. If she didn't get jealous of you, then it's over for us."

Hindi ko napigilan ang lingunin siya matapos marinig iyon. I can clearly hear the pain and sadness within his baritone voice. I can imagine an Alas Trajano kneeling in front of a woman, begging her to come back. I can visualize it in my head - the tears streaming down his cheeks, his voice shattering as he speaks and the desperation passing through his soul. I feel like they're all clear to me.

Sa mga oras na ito, hindi ko mapigilan ang hilingin na sana ay katulad na lang ni Kris si Alas. I hope he's like him who could stay loyal to his woman no matter what. Sana ay hindi niya ako niloko nang dahil lang sa tawag ng laman.

I breathed a sigh and tried to change the atmosphere because it's really getting heavy. Hindi ko matagalan.

"Fine. I'll help you make her jealous. Stop being so dramatic." I rolled my eyes and looked into a far distance.

Nakarinig ako ng mahinang pagtawa.

"You know what, aside from Trish, you are the only person I confided my feelings to. I tell you how fucked up and broken I am like I have known you for so long. Ginayuma mo ba ako?"

I turned my head to his direction and threw a glare at him. My eyes even narrowed and crossed my arms above my chest.

"If I am a witch, you'd be so damned!"

"Hmm. Maybe you're right. If you're a witch and casted a spell on me, I am now in love with you instead of Trish. But I don't," he chuckled that earned a deadly glare from me. He bit his lower lip and winked at me. "Just kidding, hun."