⁰⁰. 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

''  ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ ''

'' ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ ''

Hwang Sunoh stared down at his phone, his heart feeling heavy in his chest. The words 'NO ONE WITHIN A 10M RADIUS LOVES YOU' remained on the screen, refusing to change no matter how long he waited.

He raised his gaze to look at the girl standing in front of him in the small alleyway near to school. Kim Jojo. The girl he had fallen for. The girl he had desperately tried to hold on to. The girl that was now heartlessly ending their relationship in the same spot that it had started a few months ago.

"Turn on your Love Alarm," he said. His voice was as quiet and weak as his heart, but Sunoh couldn't care less about that then.

Jojo sighed at him but pulled out her phone anyway, opening up the app. Sunoh waited while holding his breath, hoping—praying that everything she had said before was either a lie or a stupid joke and that she still loved him. His eyes were glued to his screen as he waited.

DING.

Sunoh's gaze snapped to Jojo's phone. A heart had appeared on her Love Alarm along with the words 'SOMEONE WITHIN A 10M RADIUS LOVES YOU'.

As his gaze trailed back to his own phone, Sunoh felt his heart crack. The message on the screen hadn't changed in the slightest. His throat felt tight and his chest ached. He let out a heavy sigh as he closed his eyes, trying to force away the tears that welled up in them.

"How many times must we do this?" Jojo asked, sounding tired.

Sunoh ignored her question. "Tell me what I did wrong," he begged, his voice breaking. "Please—if you tell me what it was, I swear that I won't do it again. I promise, Jojo."

"Sunoh, I—"

"Do you like someone else?"

Jojo sighed, her gaze trailing away from him. "That's not it."

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Sunoh decided to play the card that had worked for him once before—the one that had started their relationship in the first place. Perhaps if he said it again, she would remember how happy they had been and would reconsider. 

"I want to kiss you—"

"Don't!" Jojo snapped at him, her face contorting into a look of annoyance which she directed at the floor. Quieter, she added, "Don't say things like that."

She can't even bring herself to look at me now.

"I...the truth is, I just don't like you anymore."