Chapter 6

All the kids froze as the villain claimed to know Miyamoto. She, on the other hand, trembled where she stood. It felt like needles had pierced her muscles, creating the illusion of her spasming in front of the villain. 

All Might, even though he was in the middle of a fight, heard those words and looked to see Miyamoto trembling as Shigaraki walked closer to her.

"Young Miyamoto!"

"Oh, this must be my lucky day," he grinned. "I get to see All Might die and take one of the most precious quirks manifested in society!"

Miyamoto's eyes were wide. She couldn't move. Just the idea of going back to some dark, hidden place where these villains could toy with her made her want to hide. 

Safe space. Safe space. I need a safe space. 

Her desperate plea inside her head was left unanswered. As Shigaraki reached out towards her, she closed her eyes and turned her head, anticipating the grip.

But it didn't come. 

Bakugo grabbed the back of her suit and pulled her back, shouting something she couldn't decipher because of the ringing in her ears. He set off an explosion to deter Shigaraki, bringing her back with the rest of the kids. 

All Might followed with a powerful strike to the creature who he was fighting, the wind gusts propelling everyone back. It created much needed distance between the children and Shigaraki, who was now looking back at All Might, annoyed.

Miyamoto fell to the ground, and Kirishima knelt in front of her, trying to block some of the air pressure that hadn't died down yet. As it did, he turned around to ask how she was, but stopped when he saw Miyamoto curled into herself, clutching her now exposed hand as if it were in pain.

"M-Miyamoto?" Kirishima stammered. He was unsure of what to do. Bakugo, on the other hand, marched right up to her.

Bakugo grabbed Miyamoto by the shirt and pulled her up so she had to look at him. "Why did you just stand there?! If that bastard had touched you, you would've been dead!!"

Tears flowed down Miyamoto's face and she couldn't bring herself to answer him. Instead, she fought herself out of his grip and scooted away from him, shaking her head. Bakugo reached out a hand to her, but all she did was cower down and put her hands over her head protectively.

"Runt? What the-?"

Bakugo stopped at a sudden pressured wind and turned around, seeing All Might defeat the massive beast and send him flying through the top of the dome. 

Miyamoto was sure her brain processed the scene, but she couldn't think about the win All Might had just won everyone. 

"A-Aizawa," She whimpered. "Aizawa."

No one heard her, but Bakugo turned around to see Miyamoto disappear through the ground. "OI! RUNT!"

He cursed under his breath, looking around for any sight of her. "Spiky Hair, where'd she go?!"

Kirishima turned to see Miyamoto's disappearance, even more lost than Bakugo. "Huh? She was just here!"

Bakugo looked around, thinking about where she could've possibly gone off to. "Her quirk," he muttered. "She can only bring herself somewhere safe."

Bakugo racked his mind for where she might have gone, and finally only one answer seemed plausible, knowing who she was most concerned about earlier. "She went to Aizawa."

***

Miyamoto appeared next to Shoji, who was in the middle of handing Aizawa off to a medical professional.