Chapter 25

Charlottes PoV

I could hear muffled voices around me as I clung onto Adams chest, desperately trying not to puke on him.
All of a sudden I felt an excruciating pain rip through my stomach. I closed my eyes and screamed as it only got worse.
I felt myself being taken away from Adam but I couldn't even open my eyes. I whimpered as the darkness took over.

Adams PoV

I burst through the doctors ward shouting for help.
Charlotte suddenly screeched in pain and I almost dropped her as she writhed in pain.
The doctor rushed in with a bed on wheels. As I put Charlotte down she whimpered before seemingly going limp.
My wolf was pacing as the doctor rushed of with her but he wouldn't let me follow.
I felt my stomach cramp and I instantly knew it was her pain.
Tears pricked my eyes and I felt overwhelmed. Before I knew what I was doing I punched the wall, my fist going straight through it.
Liam walked in and out a hand on my shoulder.
"Come on mate, calm down"
I leaned against the broken wall.
"I don't understand. She was absolutely fine this morning."

I sat with my head resting against the wall waiting for the doctor to return. Finally, after what seemed like hours, he reappeared through the doors Charlotte was taken through hours ago.
His face held a sad smile as he spoke.
"She's awake"
I thanked him and rushed past him to see my mate, not giving him chance to elaborate.
I followed her scent to a private room and saw my Charlotte lay on the bed, wires everywhere. She looked so pale and sickly, but when she saw me a smile grew on her face, making her look much better.
"I was so worried"
I sat at her side and took her hand in mine, placing a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.
The doctor opened the door and stood at the foot of her bed.
"So we ran some tests." He began.
Charlotte squeezed my hand, clearly nervous and I nodded for him to continue.
"We found that you're pregnant Luna"
I cut him off before he could continue. "How is that a bad thing. Why is she so ill? Surely this isn't normal!?"
Charlotte squeezed my hand again and sent me a look that told me she didn't like how I spoke to the doctor.
I looked back at him and waited until he continued.
"As you know, you could have a child that is either a fox or a wolf. However with the wolf gene being more dominant, chances are your child is a wolf, just like his dad."
I ignored the feeling of pride that was building inside of me at the thought of my child because I knew the bad news was coming.
"Unfortunately, the wolfsbane is still present in your system. It's barley noticeable, but it's there. An unborn child is so weak and vulnerable. It's affecting your child badly and the sickness your feeling, I believe it's your fox Charlotte, trying to protect your child."
I looked at Charlotte, her eyes red and watery.
"What does that mean doc? I dared to ask.
That sad smile he'd had all afternoon reappeared now.
"I'm sorry, but I don't think your child will live"

A/N
Well that was unexpected... Hope you liked it.
Sorry for the deep twist. If this current issue is something you find upsetting, please be aware that it will be mentioned in the next few chapters.