Chalpter 41

Charlottes PoV

I eventually calmed down in Adams arms. On the bright side, I had hurried Adam into finishing all of the admin after the fight, and my mind was not at rest as I knew where Alpha Roberts was. It was officially over.
We had decided that we should end his suffering. Adam linked one of his best warriors to finish him off and dispose of the body.
Adam and I were still sat in our room, holding each other. We had both calmed down after our argument. I was still slightly annoyed that he had lied to me, but at the same time I could understand why he had done it.
We promised that we would not hide anything from each other in future.
"Well.." Adam interrupted my thoughts, "at least we didn't wake Asher up with our squabbling.
I thought about that for a moment. I got up and walked towards him in his crib. His chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm as he slept.
"Asher" I called, but there was no response.
I called his name louder this time but again he just lay there.
"Asher!" I called his name loudly this time, but again he didn't even stir.
Adam had come to stand beside me. I could feel his confusion through the mate bond.
This time, I reached out my hand and and very lightly touched his arm, brushing my fingers up and down.
This slight movement caused him to stir and his eyes fluttered open.
His eyes met mine and he smiled, reaching his arms up towards me, wanting me to hold him.
I bent down and pulled him up, placing him on my hip and bouncing him slightly.
"Adam.." I paused for a moment, not wanting to voice my thoughts in case they became real. "What if he's deaf?"
Adam stiffened. His eyes darted around as he thought.
I could recall many times that it appeared like Asher couldn't hear us not that I thought about it.
When I fist shifted into my fox, he didn't hear me barking. He only knew I was there when Adam turned him around to face me.
And the amount of times he had slept through some very loud things. Arguments, laughing, dropping things. The list went on and on.
"We need to visit the doctor" Adam stated.